As our school year comes to an end, we are excited to share our Pupil Council and RRS Ambassadors-led ‘Summer Assembly’ celebrating #OurOnthank2020 memories and highlights.
Why not sit with a cuppa and your family and tune in as we proudly remind ourselves, in true Onthank style, nothing stopped our full school community from uniting and creating learning and life experiences to cherish.
Thank you #OurOnthank and Happy Holidays!
Part 1 https://youtu.be/FPfU5b4r82g
Part 2 https://youtu.be/CavO9v-zyxA
Part 3 https://youtu.be/3RD1PcjlSEc
Part 4 https://youtu.be/1xt6-QOOuFw
OPS proudly presents our 2020/21 Prize Giving Awards Celebration.
Congratulations to all our pupils for your achievements and success this year, not just those featured in our ceremony.
Our Senior Leadership Team and the whole staff community are incredibly proud of you all.
Three cheers – you did it!
Thank you to everyone who donated to Unicef’s Day for Change to support the children in Yemen. We collected £363. This huge amount will help lots of boys and girls to have a better life.
Another huge thank you to everyone for being so generous and donating to our Race For Life for Cancer Research UK. We raised £410.90.
Mrs Merrick & Miss Anderson are excited to offer our P4 and P5 pupils the opportunity to develop our outdoor spaces including the creation of our Fairy Garden, flower, vegetable and fruit beds and make our community spaces special.
Miss Anderson will work with our P4s and Mrs Merrick will work with our P5s.
There is a limit of 10 pupils per group which will be allocated on a first come first served basis by completing the form below. Confirmation will be given via letter by Mr Swan on Wednesday.
Day/Time: P4 – Thursday 2.50pm – 3.45pm
Day/Time: P5 – Thursday 3.05pm – 4pm
Gardening Club will run from this Thursday 27th May, every Thursday, with the final session on Thursday 17th June.
Pupils will be collected from their class and will all be signed out from the school Main Entrance.
If you have any questions, please contact Mr Swan on email@example.com
WE MADE IT TO BELGIUM AND BACK!!
What a way to end our Walking to School Week celebrations!
Not only did our young people and staff look fantastic in their daily walking challenges, but #OurOnthank Community has also logged 1485.89 miles – BOOM!
Thank you to all our staff and families for registering your miles, please continue to do so – let’s see just how many miles we have achieved. Final total announced on Monday.
Parent Council – you challenged us, we accepted that challenge and totally smashed it in 5 days. What an achievement. Thanks for your encouragement along the way.
For now, enjoy a restful weekend, and thank you all once again.
#BustleToBelgium #SMASHEDIT #Proud
It’s the time of year to announce who are House Captains will be as we move towards our Sports Days.
Our Captains for Craufurdland are Faye and Lewis with Jessica and Maya as the Vice Captains
Leading Dean this year we have Daniel and Sophie as Captains with Melody, Kyle and Alex as Vice Captains.
Hoping the take the cup for Kay this year we have Niamh and Lewis as team Captains with Lily and Oliver ably assisting as the Vice Captains.
Finally we have team Rowallan. This year they will be led by Captains Callum and Aimee with Max and Liam as Vice Captains.
As we begin our sporting activities next week all of our captains will have the opportunity to help (in a Covid friendly way) at different year groups activities.
We all wish them well and in true sporting fashion, may the best team win!
Parent Council Walk to School Week Challenge – ‘Bustle to Belgium’
Monday 17th May – Friday 21st May 2021
Well families, it’s that time of year again where we promote our ‘Walk to School Week’.
We encourage as many of our families as possible to participate, either together as you drop off/collect your child or allow your child to walk to and from school independently.
As part of our events scheduled throughout the week, we are excited to announce our Parent Council:
“Bustle to Belgium: 1416 miles” challenge!
With Kilmarnock being twinned with Herstal in Belgium, our PC challenges our full Onthank Primary School Community to walk the 708 miles there (and back!) as part of our walk to school week fundraising fun!
So, what are our guidelines?
- Plan out your week as a family – why not set a target?
- Log your walk/jog/run daily using a device or APP including: Fitbits/IPhone/’Strava APP’/Other.
- Complete this Blog Form at the end of each day, inserting how many miles you/your family has achieved.
- Complete and return the fundraising form to the school on Monday 24th May 2021. Funds can be made in cash or via ParentPay.
- Why not take a family selfie during a walk and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mystery prizes for the family and individual pupils across our 7 stages that complete the most miles!
So, what’s our school doing?
- Our Senior Leadership Team has made a commitment to walk 60 miles contributing to our total.
- Our Parent Council has made a commitment to walk 75 miles contributing to our total.
- Staff and pupils will participate in The Daily Mile throughout the week, with staff logging class totals.
- Our Parent Council have supported our young people and staff in 2020/21 with funds towards outdoor learning resources, 2 new sound system speakers, P7 Leavers Mugs and more. We fundraise to further support their contribution to 2021/22 trips, events and pupil identified learning resources.
- Our PC remind you this is ‘just for fun’ and our families can join in if they wish, but participation is not compulsory.
- For those participating – thank you – do what you can – ‘every mile counts’!
Thank you from our Parent Council for your support, community spirit and ‘many miles’ as we embark on our ‘Belgium Bustle’.
Our Parent Council are delighted to host our final virtual quiz of this academic year, supporting our Rights Respecting School May Article 31: “you have the right to play and relax by doing things like sports, music and drama”.
Please complete the form below to register and donate via ParentPay.
Mr Swan will issue the Zoom link and Quiz Guidelines after school on Friday 14th May.
Join us – virtually – for another fun filled family evening!
#OurOnthank #ParentCouncil #FamilyQuiz #WillYouBeOurWinner
Today we are officially unveiling our new House Shields which have been designed by children from all across the school. After sorting through almost 500 entries the Pupil Council had the task of selecting a winner for each of our new houses: Craufurdland, Dean, Kay and Rowallan.
The Craufurdland shield was designed by Ailah in P2K who took the idea to use a castle design as the real Craufurdland Castle is near to where she stays.
The Dean shield was designed by Greg in P6M who used a deer design as he often walks his dog on the Dean Park and sees the deer which live there.
The Kay shield was designed by Lily in P7H who was inspired the Marie Curie Field of Hope at the Kay Park because it is such an important strategy. Daffodils symbolise hope and new beginnings.
Finally, the Rowallan shield has been designed by Breckin in OLC 3. The creature in the centre stands for powering through no matter what happens. The blue stands for the Rowallan team with the mindfulness colours standing for calmness.
Each of our winners were today presented with an artist set as a prize for their hard work.
A huge congratulations to our four deserving winners and a massive thank you to everyone who took part in the competition.
Onthank Primary is proud to support and fundraise for charities close to our heart.
#TimeForACuppa launches Saturday 1st May – Saturday 8th May with Dementia UK inviting us to share a brew, cake and (distanced!) catch up with family/friends/neighbours/colleagues to raise money for families facing dementia.
Funds raised will allow for more specialist Admiral Nurses, who provide life-changing support to families in the community including; one –to –one support, expert guidance and practical solutions which can be hard to find elsewhere.
So what are Onthank doing?
- Friday 7th May during staggered breaks, our staff will find #TimeForACuppa sharing ideas to promote Dementia Awareness and support a Dementia Friendly Community
- Monday 3rd May – Thursday 6th May orders can be placed on Parent Pay for Heather’s Cakes which you can order and enjoy during your own #TimeForACuppa
- Orders: 1 pack of 3 cakes (1 empire/1 shortbread/1 tray back) = £2.50 delivered individually packaged to pupils on Friday 7th May
- Staff will share the #TimeForACuppa with their family and friends and join in the fun
So what can YOU do?
- Following Government Guidance, why not organise your own safe #TimeForACuppa catch up – distanced or virtually!
- Grab the baking tray and make some yummy treats with your family
- Place your order for Heather’s Cakes via ParentPay from Monday 3rd – Thursday 6th May
- Take photos of your #TimeForACuppa and cakes and send them to email@example.com by Monday 10th May @ 5pm
- Spread the word about your #TimeForACuppa and make any kind donations to Dementia UK via your ParentPay which will be open all week
Why not check out the link below for more information and resources to make your #TimeForACuppa extra special!
Thank you for supporting Dementia UK – your kind donations will truly make a difference.
Enjoy your #TimeForACuppa!