Phonics and Spelling
Activity 1: We are learning the sounds ‘qu’ and ‘x’. We are learning the words ‘are’, ‘dad’, ‘not’.
- Log into education city. Select “Homework” then “Phonics – qu and x” to play the games.
- Log into Sumdog Spelling and complete the work “Homework 15.3”.
- Practise spelling each common word 3 times in your spelling jotter.
- Use your playdoh to practise making all of the common words in your pack. (Please keep the playdoh at home for future homework tasks).
Activity 1: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all of your common words.
- Reading books: Read the reading book that has been sent home in your bag. Please return this book on Friday. This book will then be quarantined to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
Maths and numeracy
Activity 1: We are learning to build the number stories up to 10.
- Log into Sumdog and select “Maths Competition” to take part in this week’s competition.
- Use your playdoh to practise making doubles additions calculations. E.g. 1+1=2, 2+2=4. Do this all the way up to 5+5=10.
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about: leaves.