Phonics and Spelling
Activity 1: We are learning the sounds ‘y’ and ‘z’. We are learning the words ‘your’, ‘by’, ‘only’.
- Log into education city. Select “Homework” then “Phonics – y and z” to play the games.
- Log into Sumdog Spelling and complete the work “Homework 8.3”.
- Practise spelling each common word 3 times in your spelling jotter.
- Practise making the letters ‘y’ and ‘z’. You can do this by writing them in your jotter, writing in shaving foam, writing in sand, making them with pasta etc.
Activity 1: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all of your common words. You have new common words in your bag this week to add to your pack.
- Log into Bug Club and read the book that has been allocated to you.
- Log into Education City. Select “Homework” then “Reading” to play the game.
- Log into Sumdog Grammar and select “Reading Homework” to take part in the competition. This week it is in teams!
Maths and numeracy
Activity 1: We are learning to build the number stories up to 10.
- Log into Education City. Select “Homework” then “Number Homework” to play the games.
- Use your whiteboard and pen to practise writing all the calculations you can think of that total 10.
- Log into Sumdog and select “Number Homework” to play the game.
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about: bikes.