Phonics and Spelling
Learning Intention: We are learning the sound ‘ch’. We are learning the words ‘with’, ‘us’, ‘so’.
- Practise spelling your common words in your spelling jotter 3 times.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the activity “Spelling – 19.4”.
- Complete the sheet “Find and Write the ‘ch’ words” that was sent home with your homework.
Learning Intention: We are learning to use the sounds we know to read words.
- Practise reading all of your common words.
- Reading books: Read the reading book that has been sent home in your bag.
Reminder: Please return this book on Friday. This book will then be quarantined to comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
Maths and numeracy
Learning Intention: We are learning to read o’clock times. We are learning to add to 10.
- Log into Sumdog and complete the practise work “Time – 19.4”.
|Talk Together Homework
Talk together homework is designed to develop your child’s talking and listening skills. This will help them with other aspects of literacy.
v Make sure there are no distractions.
v Try and sit face to face
v Don’t ask too many questions
v The discussion could last between 5-15mins.
This week, talk about: your favourite story book.