Join Our Mission to the Moon! #GetInvolved

Families,

Our school is proud to support East Ayrshire’s Clean Green initiative, winning our Bronze Award last year for our contribution to climate change. We enjoyed lessons based on Energy, Transport, Waste and our Natural Environment. Now on our journey for Silver, we join our wider community and local schools on a united ‘Mission to the Moon’.

So, what does this mean? 

We have been challenged to walk/scoot/cycle the 238,855 miles from Earth to the Moon as part of EA’s Active Travel initiative.

How can I #GetInvolved?

As a family, think about how you travel to and from school. Could you start:

1. Walking/cycling/scooting instead?
  2. ‘Park & Stride’ – drive part of your journey and walk the rest?
  3. Get your miles in at the weekend with family if you have to get public transport to school?

How do I log my progress?

We have made a simple form for you to keep track of your progress. Simply complete it at the end of every week and submit to the school. Your family can log their progress too!

https://forms.office.com/e/6DiTaKMqmx

Do I HAVE to participate? 

Joining our Mission to the Moon is voluntary and not required. We believe this initiative will help promote active travel to/from school and want to be the first school to land on the Moon. Help us and become more active along the way! You could also send your family walking selfies to Mr Swan 🙂

HELP US GET  OUR SILVER AWARD AND LAND ON THE MOON! 

Any questions, #GetInTouch 01563 558505 email or steven.swan@eastayrshire.org.uk

#CleanGreenAyrshire #MttM #Let’sGo