Storytelling Friday ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ

Good Morning Everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Reading and sharing stories with your child helps them to get to know sounds, words and develop language and early literacy skills. ย  Not only does reading stories to children spark their imagination but it can also help develop concentration and listening skills.

So as itโ€™s Friday, and all the kids and grown ups have been working really hard all week, I thought it would be lovely to cuddle up on the couch with your grown up and read your favourite story. ย Afterwards you could talk about the characters and what happened in the story.

I have attached a little video of me reading one of my favourite stories called โ€˜Slinky Malinki Early Birdโ€™.

I would love to hear what your favourite stories are.

Happy Reading!๐Ÿ“–

Debbie ๐Ÿ’›

Email: Deborah.fitzgerald@eastayrshire.org.uk

Initial sounds

Good morning everyone ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›โค๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

Today I thought we could have a look at initial sounds.

I would like you to find objects that start with the same letter as your name for example T is for Tracey and T is for Train.

If you can do this, why not try and see if you can find any objects for the first letter of your mum, dad, brothers or sisters names or even any pets!

My pets name is also T …T is for Tilly.

Cant wait to see what you find.ย  Please send any photos to myself or your own group lady.

Have a fun everyone.

Tracey

tracey.beattie@eastayrshire.org.uk