Thinking about Easter

A big thank you to  Jean a friend of Eve’s gran who very kindly sent us in Palm crosses  for Easter. This week we have been talking about the Christian Festival of Easter and all the customs associated with it. The crosses provided a great discussion point  when we explored  this theme today.  The children  were so enthusiastic and earnest in their thoughts  and their learning.

Sharing palm crosses for Easter
Easter is…..

Easter is…..
What is Easter………

Primary1 22nd March.

A big thank you for all of those who have sent in their pirate ships. You are such a talented bunch,…….. we have some designers of the future in our mist that is for sure. I am still refining mine so don’t worry you have another week to get them into school for testing!!

The online reading books appear to be going well and I have just had a peek to see who has been doing their reading regularly. I am interested in your thoughts on this and please let me know if you haven’t been able to access. I see they are some pupils who have not yet been using this. Any problems please get in touch and we can sort something out.

Our grid has lots on it so this will take our learning up to Easter break. Once again the wee p 1 are amazing in their resilience and their learning  and are working very hard and playing very hard to make up for all the days we could not be together in class. Thank you for your continued support. learning plan22.03.21

P2/3 Learning Journals

Welcome to Learning Journals P2/3. I have now posted a first message on your individual journals. Look out for more over the next few weeks.

Any problems with access please don’t hesitate in contacting me.

eaagnes.gormanley@glow.sch.uk

Mrs. Gormanley

P1 Using the oxford Owl

Thank you for your patience with me as I get used to assigning the books to the children. We have had a few questions and teething problems this week but hopefully as we become more familiar with using  it things will settle down. I am not intending to replace books as I am a very avid reader and  although I have a kindl I still love nothing more than a book. We use real books in class  !

I am trying to provide a variety of texts for reading at home so the children get a bit of challenge . Please don’t feel pressure to read all texts every night….. but do please read daily . The children are doing so well with their literacy and their reading and writing skills improve each day. Please let me know what you think of this resource as  I personally think it is a great way as it cuts down on missing books, forgotten books  etc and allows the children a bit more choice. I will be interested at the end of the trial to hear your views as I would really like to get this a s a permanent  resource. Happy reading.

Down Syndrome Awareness Day 2021

Down Syndrome Awareness Day 2021

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we will be marking Down Syndrome Awareness Day at Dalmellington Primary School and ECC.  We would encourage pupils to wear odd socks tomorrow as a way of recognising this day.  Classes will have the opportunity tomorrow to listen to stories and learn more about Down Syndrome.

Further information on Down Syndrome Awareness Day is available online, and can be found by clicking the following link, should you like more information yourself or to share with your family.

https://www.downrightspecial.co.uk/

Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to sharing some photographs with you later in the week.

Mrs McLurkin

P6/7 ~ First Day Back

P6/7 ~ First Day Back

Primary 6/7 were full of enthusiasm today and enjoyed getting back into the swing of school life again.

Today we settled back into our routines and took time to discuss our lockdown experiences.  The pupils enjoyed discussing their likes and dislikes from the past few months and were able to talk openly about their feelings about the school return.

Spelling was our task this morning  and art was on the timetable this afternoon.  We started artwork which will be displayed around our community later in the month. Look out for these soon!

Overall, a great first day back.  Well done everyone! We cannot wait to do it all again tomorrow.