When parents and schools work together, the active involvement of parents in the life of the school can help promote a learning community in which pupils can engage positively with school staff and their peers. Hutton Primary has a very active Parent Council in which the vast majority of parents attend all meetings. All parents are welcome. Notification of meetings will be given through the weekly newsletter.
Parent Council Membership:
Chairperson Shona Bird
Vice Chairperson Clare Rogerson
- Receive information about the school and its activities;
- Hear about what partnership with parents means in our school;
- Be invited to be involved in ways and times that suit you;
- Identify issues you want the parent council to work on with the school;•
- Be asked your opinion by the parent council on issues relating to the school and education it
- Work in partnership with staff; and
- Enjoy taking part in school life in whatever way possible
- Supporting the work of the school;
- Gathering and representing parents’ views to the Headteacher, Education Authority and Education
- Promoting contact between the school, parents, pupils and the local community;
- Fundraising and organising events;
- Reporting to the parent forum; and
- Being involved in the appointment of senior promoted staff.
Treasurer Katrina Young
Staff members Fiona Boyom
Members All parents
Advisor to the Council Kathryn A Fraser, Head Teacher
By law schools have a duty to promote parents’ involvement in children’s education. We are very keen that parents feel able to be involved in their child’s education and learning, that they are active participants in the life of the school and they feel able to express their views on school education generally.
Every parent who has a child at our school is a member of the Parent Forum. The parent council is a group of parents who have chosen to represent the parent forum. As a member of the Parent Forum, each parent can expect to:-
The type of things the parent council may get involved in include: