Cross Country, Athletics, Tennis and Swimming

Primary 4, 5, 6 and 7 went to Lochmaben Primary to take part in the cross country. A lot of schools were there, they were very good at running the race. Hutton Primary did really well; Craig came 9th, Tamara came 10th, Daniel came 11th, Lindsay came 13th, Youcef came 18th, Anna came 34th, Sarah came 41st, Molly came 42nd and I came 50th. It was a good day and all of us enjoyed the little trip.

On the 24 of June Tamara, Sarah and Youcef went to the Athletics in Moffat. At the Athletics they took part in the javelin and the push and jump.

In Term 3 the whole school got some lessons on tennis. We did this in the village hall with Collin Dumbar. It was fun, he taught us lots of tricks. I learned a lot when we played tennis.

P3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 received 3 weeks of swimming lessons at Annan Swimming pool. I really enjoyed swimming, the pool was warm and we got to play for five minutes every day. We learned how to swim using the breast stroke, front crawl and back crawl and we also had to practice doing different floats. The swimming pool at Annan offers free swimming to children on Saturdays from 1pm to 4pm, take your children along!

Aarron (P5)