BOOK BLETHER

At The Movies!

There are lots of books that have been made into films. Can you think of any? Do you have a favourite?

Think about the book you are reading at the moment…

Do you think it would make a good film, TV show or video game?  Why?

Look forward to reading your replies!

13 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. Well, I have mentioned these books before AND they have been made into a movie. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. The movie was only made to show the story of the first book, and not the others. Another book series I know of that was turned into a film is Goosbumps. I used to re-watch the movie over and over again. That was until, I read Night Of The Living Dummy because I got creeped out a bit. Another book turned into a movie I know of is Harry Potter. But that is not the type of book or film I like. Also, Mark has published his latest book, Man Of Antwerp. He says its for grown ups though.

2. You mentioned earlier in the week that you had enjoyed the Demon Headmaster Caspian? It was turned into a television programme which used to be on when I was younger. I used to be really scared of the Headmaster in it!

3. Hi Caspian, Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Goosebumps are certainly great books and films…the big question is what do you prefer? The books or the films?
    Do you think Man of Antwerp would make a good film?

4. We are reading a lot of Roald Dahl books at the minute and my favourite one is BFG which has 2 movies made (my mum prefers the old version but I like the new one).

5. Hi Caspian,
    My boys would agree with you that The Wimpy Kid film was funny, but they both said some of the characters didn’t look like they expected.
    We like David Walliams’ children’s books. I would like to see Gangsta Granny made into a film. My youngest boy would like to see The Ice Monster made into a film.

6. Hello everyone, I have been reading The Enchanted Wood about up to chapter 9. I will tell you about bit . Moon face, got promised by Joe, Beth and Frannie that they will make some toffee to go go down the slippery slip and they would bring some toffee next time they see Moon face and make the Toffee which they do Indeed. that’s all I can tell you other wise I wouldn’t have anymore space to use see you next time bye….

7. I’m glad you are still enjoying The Enchanted Wood Tanith. Thank you for telling us a little bit about it. It’s good that you have told us just enough to get us interested but haven’t given too much of the story away. Look forward to hearing more next week!

8. We have been reading a lot of Roald Dahl at the moment, my favourite is BFG which has been made into a movie 2 times (my mum prefers the old version but I like the new one).

9. I think I like the old version too Skye like mummy – the new one is really good though! Have you read Matilda? It is still one of my favourite books and films – I even have an illustration from the book on my living room wall!

10. Hi Skye, sorry, I didn’t notice your post earlier. Thank you for joining in with Book Blether. I probably prefer the new version of the BFG as well Skye – although they are both great. I definitely prefer the old version of The Witches though. Have you seen the old and new films of that book Skye? I agree Miss S, Matilda is a brilliant book – you would love it Skye!

11. Tanith, I wonder if The Enchanted Wood would make a good film?

Skye, I like the new BFG too. Matilda is my favourite Roald Dahl book, but I would like to see a film of George’s Marvellous Medicine, as I think it would need clever special effects.