the Inuit people.

Hi Everybody,

Today and yesterday I have been learning about the Inuit people. and how they live in the polar climate. Here is a picture of were some of the Inuit communities are. There are four different groups stretching across northern Canada, Alaska and Greenland. Did you know the word Eskimo might be an indigenous word meaning raw meat eaters given to them by people south of were the Inuit live but there are a few different theories.

Inuk means one Inuit person, Inuuk is the the word for two Inuit people  and Inuit describes the people who live in Canada and Alaska. The people in Greenland call themselves Kalaallit.

I have also learnt about there culture and traditions like an inukshuk here’s a picture. They are used to point the way home if your lost.

Now I haven’t learnt about the Inuit alphabet but I think it looks like star wars writing so I’ve included a picture.

See you, Joe

3 Replies to “the Inuit people.”

1. The Inuit alphabet looks interesting (it looks a bit like shorthand which is something I learned to do a long time ago). You have learnt some interesting facts Joe -well done.