Red Kites Reappear!

Morning everyone, Mr Walker here again.

I saw lots and lots of red kites like the one in the picture in January and February this year.  Then they disappeared!  Well they didn’t really.  They were busy building nests, laying eggs and feeding their chicks.  However in the last week I’ve started to see them again.

Now they might be the adult birds or they might be this year’s chicks.  I don’t know.  What I do know is that they are great fliers and are easy to spot with their V-shaped tail.  You sometimes see them on the road eating a pheasant or rabbit which has been killed by a car.  If you get close to them you can see how big their wings are.  From wingtip to wingtip is about 1m 75cm, which is just about the same height as me!

Bye for now.

2 Replies to “Red Kites Reappear!”

1. Morning Mr Walker, beautiful photograph. Hard to believe that the wingspan is about the same height as you. Amazing!