Zip wire

Sorry I meant to add about the zip wire challenge . We were able to make a zip wire from the upstairs bedroom window down to the tree in the garden , it took us a while to work out the best and safest way to construct it . We used washing line with the smooth plastic coating on , we found a chain that we use for our hanging basket to hold whatever would be going down the zip wire (teddys and garden gnome) as it had 3 clips to hold in place , we then used shackle as the pully as it had a small wheel on it . I found that the heavier the teddy the faster it went but it weighed the rope down more (gravity), the lighter the teddy the slower it went but no weighing down . It was good fun , a few car’s stopped to ask what we were doing , I’m not sure what they first thought 🙈
The window size rainbow picture we made because our house sits so far back off the road with tree’s in the way so my mum and I decided to do this one together to show our support .Merrisa x

5 Replies to “Zip wire”

1. Great video of your zip line in your last post, sounds like you worked hard to perfect it! Your giant rainbow is fantastic, great work Merissa (and mum)!

2. Great work with the zip wire Merissa. That’s funny that some cars stopped to ask you what you were doing.

3. It wouldn’t be Holywood if cars didn’t stop to ask about your school work!! No change even though we’re all learning at home – good work Merissa.
    Take care!

4. This is amazing Merissa (and Mum)!! I love the fact that cars were stopping to see what you were doing- that is so funny! The video of your zip line is great- well done. 🙂