Sundials

Today I went on a walk in the Crichton. Me and my dad found a sundial. A sundial tells the time by the sun.  A sundial is a device that tells the time of day by measuring this apparent movement of the sun accurately. Sundials are quite hard to read but when you get the hang of it’s not that hard. That wraps up today blog bye. By Orla. 

5 Replies to “Sundials”

1. Loving your picture collage Orla – great images.
    We’ll need to research further into the world of sundials – very interesting blog. Thanks Orla.

2. Hi Orla, Your photos of the Crichton gardens are lovely. It is one of my favourite places to visit in Dumfries! My children love exploring there and they are fascinated by the sundial. Would be interesting to find out more about them. Maybe you could research how to make your own?

3. Lovely photos Orla and really interesting to hear about sundials. It would definitely be good to do some research into them!

4. Great photos Orla and I like the information about sun dials – I wonder if we could have a go at making one?