school v home

the things I like at school are Miss Stapleton’s maths and playing with my friends Bailey and Liam on the hills spying on people.

I like doing the week in the woods where we make smores.  I remember miss dale brought chocolate digestives and we held a stick with marshmallows and melted them over the fire.  we then asked miss dale to put them into the digestive biscuits and we ate them.

I like waterslide day.  we get a couple of tyres and roll a tarpaulin down the hill. we put the tyres on the tarpaulin at the side to hold it down and Miss Dale gets buckets of soapy water and chuck it down so we can slide.  if you dont want to play on the waterslide you can bring your own water guns too.  If I get to do this again this year I will need a new water gun as mine is broken.  Last year was the first year I did this and it was really fun!

I also enjoy doing gymnastics with Miss Brockie-Donald.  She lets us have a big springboard and jump over the horse which is not a real horse but something used in gymnastics.

At home I have mum and dad to help me with my work.  If im struggling, mum can help me whilst dad looks after Bethany or the other way round.  I can play with my little sister Bethany at break time.  she gets very excited when its break time and I come off doing homework.

I can have drinks during my homework at home, but at school I can go for a drink too if I need one.  at home I can drink what I want but at school I have to have water.

things that are the same at school and at home are that we use laptops (thanks Miss Dale!), we have the same maths and literacy stuff and we try to stick to a timetable.

7 Replies to “school v home”

1. I knew there was loads of things that you enjoyed at school! Last year was my first waterslide day too, it’s a day that I’ll never forget.

2. You’re right Bruce, there are definitely some perks to working from home like the drinks and snacks. I like that I can go and make a cup of tea or get something to eat whenever I like, although that maybe isn’t such a good thing! Its also really nice you’re getting this extra time with your family. I think I am missing working together with other people though. Maths lessons are more fun when we can talk about the problems and work them out with a partner or group, and play games to improve skills, which is trickier at home with less people.

3. You have made some really good points Bruce. It is nice to hear that you enjoy so many of the things we do at school. Nice work.

4. A more balanced piece of writing Bruce – good work. Top tip – watch your capital letters at the start of a sentence!
    I think if we did a survey that most of Team Holywood would rate Waterslide day and Week in the Woods as two of their favourite times of the year.
    And no I’m not offended that I didn’t make it onto your list of favourite things alongside Miss S Maths and Miss BD gymnastics – I must try harder 🙂

5. Fab piece of writing Bruce! I am glad that there are so many things which you like about school. You have made good points on both sides of the argument.