Mrs. Madden’s Ginger Biscuits

INGREDIENTS

• 110g self-raising flour
  • 1 slightly rounded teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
  • 50g block butter, at room temperature
  • 50g (or 2 tablespoons) golden syrup

METHOD

Pre-heat your oven to 190C, gas mark 5 (I have a fan oven so I set mine at 160C).

Sift the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together into a mixing bowl, add the sugar, then lightly rub in the butter till crumbly.

Add the syrup and mix everything to a stiff paste.  Divide the mixture into quarters, as evenly sized as possible, then each quarter into four (you should have 16) and roll the pieces into little balls.

Place them on a greased baking sheet, leaving plenty of room between them because they spread.  Flatten them slightly and bake for about 10 minutes.

Take out of the oven and allow to cool a little before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.  Store in an airtight container – mine never last long because my kids love them.

3 Replies to “Mrs. Madden’s Ginger Biscuits”

1. Mrs Madden,

This is Tanith’s mummy, I’m hijacking her account so I can leave a message! I am loving your recipes… I have made the shortbread biscuits twice and they were a triumph! We coated the second batch in chocolate. Needless to say, they were all eaten quickly! I am definitely going to try your ginger biscuits next.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Stay safe.
    Ray

2. My goodness – I didn’t think Mrs M’s shortbread could get better BUT coating it in chocolate sounds amazing!!
    Mum – great blogging from you and the guys. Stay safe!
    Miss Dale