Big Thursday

Art in art we had to do pop art. It is were you have words in art form colourful bright.

Drama in drama we are learning about the Minotaur we had to map it then step it we had to work with a partner it was about characters and aching.

outdoor learning we were doing dream catching we needed willow wool pine cones leaves feathers.

P.E we are doing cricket will need  a cricket bat ball wicket bowling skills batting skills.

WWI learning

Hi its Jullien and we are going to talk about the trenches a young boy that is 16 years old and lived in the trenches the trenches are long and high holes like 6/7 feet high and they ate bully beef.World War I

our learning

We are learning about ww1 and ww2  there is a book called the trenches and its made by Billy Stevens . We made a house were Billy Stevens use to live and put them up on the wall and we also did children out side the houses. We were also searching online of pictures of solders uniform and drawing we had to do  high detailed drawings. We were searching in books for really good facts for ww1 and ww2 .

by Gabriella

WW1

HELLO. Yes, I know this is Noah’s account but Caspian being a stupid-stupid he forgot his password. ._.

ANYWAY, I am going to tell you about our IDL project.

We are reading a book about Billy Stevens, a boy who went to war at 16. He was 13 when it initially started, but in 1917 he lied about his age to join the army with his friend Rob. He wanted to fight in the front line but couldn’t due to him having a previous job as a junior telegraph operator. When he left Carlisle to go to war, he made friends in training. He was sent into the front line for a month as an engineer, this meant he laid down cables for communication, repaired objects, and was a big part in surviving the war. The trenches were muddy wet and filled with rats that were too big for my sanity. (They were as big as cats!)

All my about learning!!!:D

Hiiiiiiiiiii its Payton I’m here to talk about my learning. we have been talking about ww1 and were reading a book called the trenches starring a guy called billy Stevens. my papa fought in ww2 but sadly he died a few years ago. 🙁   

in big Thursday where doing P.E with miss Jardine drama with miss Stapleton art with miss Pattie out door learning with miss Mcnae.

Bye 😀

learning about ww1!

Hi! 😀 

We have been learning about world war 1 at school! We made a display with the ww1 trenches and mustard gas or explosion and ww1 houses and children up on the wall. We also watched a short 10 minute film about it.

We are reading a book about Billy Stevens who was in ww1.

Small facts about the trenches:

• There were lots of rats, as it is a perfect environment for them!
  • The rats in the trenches were GIANT
  • The generals had their own places in the trenches
  • The bit in between is called no man’s land

Goodbye!! 😀 😀  

WW 1 Billy Stevens.

We are  learning  about  WW 1.  We  are reading about Billy  Stevens  and  his  friend  Rob. They want to sign up for the army but they are only 16 years old.

Billy wanted to go to the front lines with Rob but he was sent to the Engineers – they fix telegraph wires and repair communications.

The trenches were dirty with rats all year round but the rats were the size of cats!  The rats were so used to sharing with soldiers that they didn’t run away and hide.  Sandbags were used to hold the walls in and also wood.

The engineers had dug outs to store equipment and supplies. They also used them to sleep in.

I am enjoying the topic – I am really fascinated about it.

by   Daniel

Learning!

We are currently learning about world war 1 and 2. We are reading a book called the trenches. Its the story of Billy Stevens we have made a freeze wall of his house and the trenches. We are also gathering an information for a poster about world war 1 in partners i’m working by myself witch i prefer because i am very bossy and i can make all of the decisions.

Business groups started again im in the leadership group witch mean i document what the other groups are doing and many other things witch i forgot. After i do this blog i am going making German/British solders for the freeze wall.

-Lottie

We are learning about the WW1

There were two boys called Billy and Rob. They wanted to join the army to help their town.  Rob ended up at the front. Billy was moved into the communications engineers (like a technician). His job was to fix wires so that officers can get in touch with the front lines.

Life in the Trenches:

Billy was shocked by life in the trenches because the mud was sloppy and water rose up when it rained. Soldiers were drenched, covered in lice and mud. Sand bags were used to keep the walls up and Duckboards (wooden planks) were placed in the bottom of the trench.

In dug outs officers had shelter to sleep and write out orders.

I think it sounds horrendous!

By Kye

Our learning!!

Hello everyone!!

We are learning about world war 1 .My great grandpa was only 12 when he had to fight in world war 2 and is still a live. We learned that the german soldiers made better trenches then british .  Did you know that soldiers would fight for 7 days then rest and the fighting soldiers got a holo trenches but the officers got a fancy one with beds.  The rats were as big as a cat and sometimes brushes there face or other rats just eat the food they have.