Pie Fly

Hi. Caspian here.

Mark was my home teacher today as Mum had an operation. She’s home now and said I can bake bread tomorrow and we can all  go for a country walk to look at the changes in the season. I had a call with Feis Rois today. I also had some maths and spelling. In literacy I had to make a poem about an unusual pet and to be as imaginative as I fancied. Here it is:

Once, there was a pie,

Its smell made you die.

Because it was no apple pie.

It was a fly.

It had never bathed, sly.

He is my pet,

He says his name is Kev.

We ran through the streets,

And fell in feet.

They smelled like peat.

We both drowned,

But we made it loud.

Please leave how you thought of it in the comments.

Bye!

Hello everyone, 

Today I have been doing some maths, nots and crosses, and literacy.

My Literacy was to do a poster to tell people not to litter.

I had a lot of fun doing nots and crosses. My maths was not bad. 

I tried to join my class call but it wouldnt connect and it made me sad. Can I have a call tomorrow please?

Mama says we can have a baking day tomorrow as I want to make buns and my brother wants to make more bread.

Mama had an operation today. she is really sore and has six stiches.😢 I helped her feed our birds when she came home.

Goodbye for now smile every day be happy have fun Bye!!

Plants!

Pupils across the school have been looking at plants this week.

Studying the parts of plants and the best way to do that is to get out and look at real plants.

P6/7 have been digging up dandelions to draw, study and then dissect. They have taped down and labelled all the parts of the dandelion plant.

You have to dig deep as the dandelion has got a very long and strong tap root.

Tomorrow we are going to look at different flowers to see if we can spot the female and male parts that are needed for reproducing new plants.

We’ll try and get some pictures up on the blog for you to see.

Miss Dale

New Teachers in School

Tanith and Caspian we need to tell you about the new teachers we have in school…

Mrs Renaud is in on a Thursday and Friday. This term she is working on Storytelling and Drama for Big Thursday. She will be working in the P1-3 on a Friday too.

Mr Sanderson has come to Holywood to learn all about teaching so Miss Stapleton and I are having to be on our very best teacher behaviour. And we are having to look very organised so that Mr Sanderson picks up our very best teaching habits only!!

It is tricky to get to know people when they are behind masks so we have started our Wake Up Shake Up in the playground.

Looking forward to seeing you guys very soon!

Miss Dale

Big Thursday!

Today its a big Thursday blog but its like my first blog because we haven’t done it in a long time. So on Thursday we got a new teacher witch is miss Reno and she is teaching drama and story telling and the other activities are P.E, art and opinionly my favourite, computing science.

Big Thursday

Hi its Rhys. On big Thursday we had drama/storey telling, then we had PE in PE we are learning how to play hokey it was alot of fun, then after PE, we had computer science after PE then, last we had out door learning. Bye have a good day.

big Thursday!

for the first time in 3 months we did big Thursdays wow. my favourite part of big Thursday is PE.we started with a warm up games one of the was dodge the hoop and jungle on fire. then we when on to play  hooky we did first was learning the basic of hooky and to shot. then we started a match you have to score 5 point since  we are noobs at it p6/7.next was building dens  the first thing we did was getting in to groups of 4 but in was in a three. we started to build the den. We started to get willow sticks and mud then we started to build the den after 15 mins. the first part of the den was finish.the second part of it was on its way. Probably 10 mins later we have finish the second part the second  it making concrete?.

Big Thursday

Hello, how are you? On Big Thursday we started of with story telling with Mrs Renno. We were acting out the story. The story was about a boy how helped kill a sea monster. Next was P.E with Miss Stapelton. We were doing some hockey, we were practising stearing with the hockey stick. Then we had computer science with Miss Pattie. We were doing animations with scratch. Me and Josie made a cat walking and a cat flying. That was fun. Finally we did outdoor learning with Mrs Jardine. We were building a teepee. I was in a group with Rhys, Josie and Sarah. We accidentally did it in the middle of the playground. By Orla.

Big Thursday

On big Thursday we had a new teacher come in to the school called Mrs Renno and she does drama and storytelling.In drama we had to stand in a circle and say our name with an action!She also told us a story about a boy named Assypattel and he defeated this giant sea serpent!we also done computer science with Miss Pattie we done animations on scratch because it has alot of cool tools that we can use to make animations! Me and orlas one had rainbow flying cat.

By Josie

Big Thursday

on big Thursday we have been doing PE,out door skills, drama and computer  science. My favourite is probably PE or out door skills but i like everything! We are doing hockey for PE its really fun. In out door skills we are making dens i was in a group with Liam Bailey and James  we are still working on our den we have a bunch of sticks and ivy. For computer science we have been on an app called scratch i was with Tumaini and Dakota it was really fun to play with  the stickers. For drama we have been playing games like park bench and role playing which is also fun

olivia