Hi all, Caspian is back!

I have decided to share my facts about the differences between the Arctic and the Antarctic as mum said she didn’t know some of the facts so I guessed others wouldn’t either.

1. Sled dogs are not allowed in Antarctica.
  2. Worms are the only insects which exist in the Antarctic.
  3. Some animals in Antarctica have antifreeze in their blood.
  4. There are no reptiles in the Antarctic.
  5. It has Ghost Mountains.
  6. There are +300 lakes in the Antarctic.
  7. The ice fish have no haemoglobin.
  8. Antarctica has no ants.
  9. The Antarctic has no time zone.
  10. There was once a nuclear power station in the Antarctic.

I have also done some research about the writer Robert Browning.

1. He was foremost a poet.
  2. He wrote the Pied Piper.
  3. He was seen as wilfully obscure.
  4. He wrote The Ring and the Book.
  5. He wrote Dramatis Personae.
  6. His poems had dark humour.
  7. He was born in Walworth.
  8. He was baptised 14 June 1812.
  9. He died 12 December 1889.
  10. For a time his career collapsed.

I have also done some work on microbes today and drawn a mural depicting World War Two. My great grandpa was captain of the Horsforth Home Guard and although I never met him, mum has told me lots of information about him.

Mum says we can spend tomorrow morning on our bikes as the weather is much nicer and we all want a bit more fresh air.

See ya!

7 Replies to “”

1. Hi Caspian,
    You have been busy!

You have given us some very interesting facts about the Arctic and Antarctica. Some of your facts made me think of more questions! For example, why are the Ghost Mountains called that? I am going to challenge you to find out what features an animal must have to make it an insect – a worm isn’t an insect. Well done though, Caspian – you must have taken a lot of time to research the Polar regions (and Robert Browning), and you are right, I am sure some of these facts will be new for some people.

I think it is great that you have been chatting with your Mum about your great grandpa, because it is interesting to find out about other generations of our family. You must feel proud to know your great grandpa was a captain, because it takes a lot of discipline and determination to become a captain!

Enjoy your bike ride tomorrow. 🙂

2. Another great blog post Caspian – well done!
    I always learn something new!!
    Thank you.

3. Fantastic facts Caspian. What are ghost mountains? I am intrigued. I definitely didn’t know a lot of your facts- thanks for sharing!! Did you manage to get out on your bikes today?

4. Hi, they are called the Ghost Mountains because they are covered in snow. They sound a bit more mysterious than they actually are!! Yes Miss Pattie, we spent the morning on our bikes. Tanith mastered how to pedal and she rode all over!

5. Ahh I see. I think “Ghost Mountains” would be a good story starter. It sounds mysterious and magical… I’m glad you guys managed to get out on your bikes, amazing news that Tanith has learnt to cycle without stabilisers!

6. I have a dark humour I just don’t show it al lot of the time. (I don’t know why I told you but oh well xD)