Some work from me

hi everybody
I have been doing lots of mental maths. I watched the video lots to try remember the tips on how to do it. I actually enjoyed it and asked to do more today but I don’t like the take away as much as adding.

I did Miss Dale’s map. Did Miss Dale mean to write soup or shop? we decided you’d buy the soup at the shop so they’d both be in the same place.

I read Jordans new jaiket.
1. Jordan was dreaming about football.
2. Jordan was woken up by his mum.
3. Jordans mum was angry. I know this because of what his mum was saying.
4. He was excited because it was really snowy outside so he wanted to go out and play.
5. Jordans new jacket was outside on the snow man.
6. His mum is gonna dry the jacket with the warm fire.
7. I think the familys going to build a snow man.

I watched some videos about different people that have been to the Arctic.

Jade Hameister
I watched a video about Jade. She is the youngest person to go to the North Pole. She was only 14.
I would like to go to the north pole because I love snow and I would love to see all the animals. I think I could do it now at the age of 8.

Matthew Henson
One of the first people to reach the North Pole. He was born in 1866. This was the year after the civil war. He was born and grew up in Maryland. Some people think he reached the North Pole first. He was a cabin boy on a ship when he was 13 years old. He met the explorer Robert Peary in 1887 while working in a store. Peary hired Henson to help carry things on the expeditions. Henson worked with Peary for 20 years and was really good at all the parts of exploring – for example dog sledding and hunting. He also learned to speak the Inuit language.
The explorers had to try a few times to reach the North Pole. Legend says Henson reached the pole before Peary, making him the first man to walk and stand on the north pole. Peary got the Hubbard medal when he returned, but Henson didn’t get one until 100 years later when he had sadly already died.

bye every one (●’◡’●)

3 Replies to “Some work from me”

1. I think the shop is selling tins of soup Rory so I’m sure you’re right with it being the same. Great sentences to answer your Jordan’s New Jaicket questions, and thanks for your facts – so are you going to plan an expedition to the North Pole when we are allowed to travel?

2. Hi Rory,
    Great research about the Arctic explorers.
    I think Jade Hameister is very inspiring, so I’m glad you chose her to learn about. Can you think of any advantages and disadvantages of being age 8 over being an adult, when exploring the Arctic?

I’m also pleased you learnt about Matthew Henson, because he was in the shadow of Robert Peary, so it’s nice that you are telling Team Holywood about Matthew Henson’s achievement.
    Thanks for sharing that research, Rory. Good luck in any future expeditions you have!

3. You have been working hard Rory! I’m glad you have been enjoying working on your mental maths. Taking away can be a bit tricky sometimes but you will get the hang of it. Great work on Jordan’s New Jaicket.