letter to president biden

Dear President Biden

I think that you should not drill for oil in the Arctic because it will kill off the wildlife such as the arctic foxes, polar bears, seals and reindeer. This means that there will be nothing for the people in the artic to survive on and nothing to pull their sledges.  Without animals, tradition dies off.  The animals will become extinct.

Having animals in the Arctic encourages tourism. The tourists will bring money to the native people in the Arctic too. Animals are also good for education for people who do not live in the Arctic.

Please think again about allowing the oil drilling to go ahead.

Kind regards

Bruce 🙂

2 Replies to “letter to president biden”

1. Hi Bruce, that’s great. You have made some valid points, especially the bit about tradition. Could you give a little more detail about which animals will be affected and how? (For example, what would the oil drilling do to the polar bears?)
    I think I would add the word ‘oil’ before ‘drilling’ just to be clear that we don’t mean drilling into wood to make something. If you would like to add that, and a capital letter for Arctic, then we can send it off. You have a good start and have signed off well. I am pleased you used good manners, too Bruce – well done.