How Important it is to wash your hands!

Hello team Holywood!!!

This is an experiment to show you how important it is to wash your hands. For the experiment you will need: a bowl of cold water, ground black pepper and hand soap.

The black pepper represents the bugs and viruses so you can see that they stick to your hands if you only wash them with water.

When you put soap on your hands the bugs will run away from your hands. Have a go yourself!

bye bye.M

3 Replies to “How Important it is to wash your hands!”

1. Hi Mena,
    Thanks very much for sharing this important information with us. Great pictures and explanation.

2. Thanks for sharing this Mena.

I done this experiment with some young children at the start of the first lockdown and it worked very well and was a great way of showing why we wash our hands properly with soap.
    I wonder if anyone else has tried this?

3. What a great way to show the importance of hand washing and hygiene. I have seen this experiment done with glitter but not pepper, thanks for sharing with us!