Hello

I have drawn a kitten picture with my new paints. I  phoned Erin and we played roblox on the phone I like chatting to Erin. I dont really like Scots i find it boring but here is my work.  Bye

From Tumaini

Poem Picture Day

Hello everyone,
Today I have been doing some maths and spelling and Scottish poetry. I also drew my name in a colourful way and Mama stuck it on the back of my work book. I drew a picture for the mice and the crocodile poems. I read chapter 10 and 11 of the Enchanted Wood. I am really enjoying the story because it is so magical. Sometimes I dream I am in the faraway tree. Mama also got me more books about the enchanted wood and also about the wishing chair. I am going to help mama bake tomorrow. I wrote a song for mama, Marky and Caspian and sang it to them. I want to play the guitar so I can put my songs words to my music.

Good bye, see you next time, stay safe and always be happy. xxx

The Broons

Hi there, Caspian here!

I didn’t write a blog on Friday so this will cover Friday and today.

I did a quiz on Barnacle Geese. I couldn’t walk to Dumfries so all respect to the geese who migrate such long distances. I still have some maths mistakes to work through but I haven’t looked at them yet. I drew my graphic novel also.

Today I worked on spellings. I keep mixing up British spellings with American spellings. For example center. I have also done some long division in maths. I am part way through the Broons activities. I spent quite a lot of time looking up definitions in the Scottish dictionary and also helped Tanith with one of her poems.

Dodger went back to the vets today as he still isn’t very well. When he was brought home by the nurse, he was much brighter and pleased he didn’t have to stay overnight. He has more medicine to stop him from being in so much pain.

I’ve told Mum I would like some dragon shaped Night Fury cake made tomorrow. She says I will have to be happy with chocolate smartie cookies!

Slán go léir (Irish for goodbye all)

Here is my email to President Biden about Drilling for oil in the Arctic circle.

Dear Mr President,

Congratulations on becoming president, I hope Champ and Major are settling in well to life in the White House.

I am writing to you to say that I think you should invest in more research and trials of renewable energy (Solar, Hydro and Wind) in the Arctic, rather than giving more licences for drilling oil in the Arctic circle.

Drilling and extracting oil are having an adverse effect on the environment and already struggling communities in the Arctic. Here are some of the ways it has a negative effect on the region:

1. It causes displacement of wildlife.
  2. It causes pollution of often previously pristine environments.
  3. The consumption of oil adds to climate change.
  4. It also affects indigenous people’s ability to hunt and live in traditional ways.

Drilling for oil might provide more money and jobs for communities for a temporary amount of time. However, I believe renewable energy can do this in a more economical, environmental and socially sustainable option.

Yours sincerely,

Joe.

Monday 8th February by Ella

Hi

Today we read Jordan’s New Jaiket. I couldn’t stop laughing as the words sounded so funny. I answered all the questions and made a washing line with clothes hanging in English and Scottish.

I also wrote out all the months and what seasons they are in. My birthday is in October.

I was writing numbers on the whiteboard and then testing my mum.

See u tomorrow on Teams

Bye

Esmae’s Blog

Hey everybody today I did some five a day and then some algebra school work. Ive also been working on The Broon’s family tree. I’ve not finished yet because I need to draw 11 characters. I will show it when it’s finished.  By Esmae

Meet Hugh

Here is our giant penguin called Hugh which is short for hughmungus! He’s actually my Son’s from when he was younger but we can’t part with him! He’s enjoyed being on the teams catch up!

Guess my new book?

Hi it’s Erin guess my new book?

This wee island is hame tae a lairge batch o’mingan grownups.

Th’ schuil, th’ local pairk, th’toy shop ‘n’even th’ islands icecream

van ur a’ run by auful adults wha lik hee haw mair than making

bairnies miserable. ‘N’ th ‘ island is owned by th’maist awfy yin

o’a’-Aunt Greta Greed.

Sumlin needs tae  be dahe aboot thaim. Bit wha cuid be brave

enoth?