Ny-Alesund

Hi, Caspian here.

For starters, I am very close to losing my top right molar in my mouth. I am very excited. Secondly, I have done my maths, my spelling, and had a look over two places in google maps. Those two places are, Holywood village and  Ny-Alesund in the Arctic. My job was to compare them, and point out what was the same and what was different. I also looked at other places in the world as the satellite pictures really intrigued me.

My cats have been very calm today, which is odd since they are usually quite loud. I think they’ve gone mad from having big lumps of me while I sleep. Although they’re the ones who sleep on me while I’m reading.

Mum got me a new Wimpy Kid book and it arrived today. I have already read it right through so she has to get me another now!

Au revoir! (You have been taking lessons in this, so I won’t point out the language for you.)

3 Replies to “Ny-Alesund”

1. Hi Caspian, you had a busy day yesterday, too! Maths, spelling, map work and reading a whole book! I am pleased that you enjoyed the map work. Where else did you have a look at the satellite views?

2. Bonjour Caspian!

Holywood village and Ny-Alesund sounds like a very interesting comparison. I imagine there were lots of differences between the two places – were there any similarities?

That’s nice your cats were pretty chilled…maybe they just love snuggling in next to you while you read? What Wimpy Kid book did you get? You must have enjoyed it if you read it so quickly!

3. What similarities and differences did you find between Holywood village and Ny- Alesund? I like having a look at places on Google maps too. Wow that is fast reading!! Hope you enjoyed your book.