Mythology and other work.

Hello everyone! Cleo here.

I’ve been doing more maths. I did spicy Five-a-day again and I completed them in 5 minutes. 😀 I also simplified the medium difficulty algebra. It took me a bit longer but I manged to complete it all correctly.

I drew a Ryu (Japanese dragon) and Mum asked me to find out some facts about them.

The Japanese dragon also known as the Ryu or Tatsu is a mythical animal from Japan. Ryuu or Ryu stands for dragon or imperial in Japanese. The Ryu looks a bit like a sea serpent, but it flies instead of swimming. The Ryu is related to the Chinese long and Korean Yong. Some Ryu’s can hide in water, take human form, form clouds, turn into water, change colour to camouflage into their surroundings and they can glow in the dark. It’s quite amazing! The differences between the Korean dragon, Chinese dragon and the Japanese dragon is the Chinese dragon has five claws while Korean dragons have four and the Japanese dragon have three.

We discussed kindness as a family and looked at the boards from the underground. We came up with  actions and words to show kindness towards other people. I then made a poster of things that make me smile and hopefully other people smile with phrases to spread kindness.

I hope you all had a great day and remember to smile at someone each day because smiling is contagious!

By Cleo

4 Replies to “Mythology and other work.”

1. Hi Cleo,
    Well done on your maths – keep challenging yourself!
    The dragon picture is cool – I didn’t know the differences between the dragons from different parts of the world.
    I think your poster has lots of lovely thoughts to take away.
    You’ve had a productive day, Cleo. I hope you have a nice weekend.

2. You’ve had a very busy day Cleo. I really like your Art work. Good idea to do some dragon research too! I have certainly learned some new facts about dragons!
    Signing off for the weekend with a very important message Cleo – smiling is contagious!
    Have a lovely weekend!!

3. You have some really interesting facts about dragons Cleo – I did not know that the difference between Chinese, Korean and Japanese dragons was the number of claws. I really like your kindness poster – that’s a great message for everyone.

4. What a fantastic poster Cleo! I love all the phrases you have used, they are positive and uplifting. I’m glad you and your family had a good discussion about kindness. Have a great weekend!