What I’ve been up to these two days.

Hello everyone! Cleo here. I hope you are all having a brilliant time off. Today I will be talking about what I’ve been up to. Yesterday I did pronouns. This is what I wrote.

I heard a noise in the dining room at lunchtime. I went to the dining room and Mr Wilson was groaning. He had fallen off the chair. He could not get back on to the chair. My colleague Jean and I helped him back into the chair. She looked to see if he was hurt. She found that he had bruised his leg. She put a cold compress on the bruise. The bruise was not too bad. The other residents carried on eating. They all seemed fine.

Today I matched words to their meanings. I struggled a bit at first but got the hang of it and tomorrow I will be doing sentences for each word. Yesterday I worked on Sumdog and I will be doing Five-a-day today. I read Julius Ceaser and I decided I was going to pick a song for one of the characters. I have the perfect song but I will be doing that tomorrow.

I also have an idea for school. Could we maybe make a kind of calm area for at break times because I’m sure there might be some kids hiding their feelings like I did. It could be an area to help with stress or anxiety. You could maybe read a book or listen to something calm, relax and breathe in and out.

Hope you all are doing brilliant and remember to stay safe and wash your hands!

By Cleo

2 Replies to “What I’ve been up to these two days.”

1. Hi Cleo,
    You have been busy again!
    Good effort with the pronouns activity. You’ve got most of the pronouns. Is there a pronoun you could use for “the chair” and “the bruise”?

I like your idea for a calm area. Where about do you think it could be? What might it look like?

Looking forward to hearing what your song choice is for a Julius Caesar character.

Hope you are doing brilliantly and staying safe, too!

2. Hello Cleo. It was good to hear from you and Gherkin on today’s class catch up!! I wish I had a pet that I could share with you all too. Great paragraph using pronouns. Good idea from Mrs Armstrong to think of pronouns for “chair” and “bruise”.
    I really like your idea for a calm area at school. This is something I would love to help you design once we get back to school. 🙂