Zoos

Hello. Caspian here.

Today I watched Newsround and discussed with Tanith and Mum (Mark was walking the dog at the time) about what was the most interesting article. The happy news (AKA Cute news) was on today, and as always, I picked something from that. I chose to write about Pabu the red panda from Oregon Zoo. Tanith and I worked on our report together and wrote it in MSWord.

Judging by the name I’m guessing its along the Oregon trail. I also learnt that they give homes just like their natural ones to: wolves, elephants, lions, tigers, cheetahs, more elephants, penguins, red pandas, LOADS more elephants and more! I was also asked to write what I do and don’t like about zoos. What I do like is when the animals are taken into care and given a natural enclosure. What I don’t like is when they are taken in and forced into a small cage for people to stare at them while they are forced to do tricks. Which basically points out I think circus animals are mistreated. I REALLY like animals.

Back to the point, I did some SumDog today and I was only on for a brief while but I got 67 coins. Yesterday I lost my tooth, my first molar. I tried to wash it but it fell down the drain. I should take more care.

My happy picture today is me and Saxon having a big cuddle.

6 Replies to “Zoos”

1. Great information about Pabu the red panda. It’s great to see you and Tanith working together and using Microsoft Word to create your report. Uh oh- I hope you gum isn’t sore where you have lost your molar! Lovely photo of you and Saxon- looks very cuddly and cosy.

2. That is a lovely happy photo, Caspian!
    Your report about the red panda is very interesting, well done.

I agree with your comments about zoos. If you are interested, there are more points to think about, such as conservation programmes in zoos and how zoos are funded. Perhaps you could research in a bit more detail?

That’s a shame about your tooth, hope it’s not uncomfortable.

3. Well, if you’re thinking Saxon is cosy, you’re wrong. He’s a monster when he’s not clawing at my face on my bed. Also my tooth is quite comfy.

4. Oh no!! He tricked me… I thought it looked like he was giving you a cuddle! Glad your tooth is feeling okay. 🙂