Book Blether

DESERT ISLAND BOOKS…

Imagine you are stranded on a desert island (I know, we can dream!!) and you can only take three books with you. Which three books would you choose and why??????

I found it very difficult to choose only three but I think I have managed to whittle down my selection!

Will let you know later in the chat!

29 Replies to “Book Blether”

1. Good morning Mrs Jardine what an interesting topic. One of the books that I would take is “The Girl Of Ink And Stars” by Kiran Millwood Hargrave. I haven’t finished it yet but so far it’s really good. I would take the book because it is kind of an explorer book and it is all about map reading and star gazing it is really adventury.
    Just out of interest could you take a triology of books?

2. Good morning Mrs Jardine

If I was stuck in a desert island I would take The owl who was Afraid of the dark by Jill Tomlinson,The Christmasaurus and The Christmasaurus and the winter witch both by Tom Fletcher. I like them because they have a lot of adventures and they are all about friends and family and love.

3. Good idea taking a book you have already started and you are enjoying. An explorer book sounds like perfect desert island reading. Yes, you could take a trilogy – good thinking!

4. Hi Mena, I really like your book choices. A perfect mix of adventure, friends, family and love! We really enjoyed the Christmasaurus books but haven’t read any more Tom Fletcher books. Will have to add them to our reading list!

5. I haven’t heard of that book Ori – it sounds interesting, would you recommend it? I was trying to star gaze last night!
    I’m finding this question really hard Mrs Jardine. I’d take Pride and Prejudice because it is an all time favourite of mine. However, after that I am struggling. I like a lot of mystery and crime novels but I don’t tend to re-read them after the mystery is solved!

6. I just thought if I could take a trilogy then I would probably pack The Lord Of The Rings by JRR Tolkien .

7. Hi! If I had a choice to take three books with me to a desert island I would choose… 1. Ancient Greek Mythology.
    2. Cat Book.
    And last, but not least, 3. Diary Of A Wimpy Kid Cabin Fever.

The “Cat Book” is a name I made up. I just want lots of pictures of CUTE animals like wolves, cats, dogs, Puppies with ears too big for their heads and snakes. Yes, I do enjoy watching animals.

8. Ori, The Lord of the Rings trilogy would definitely keep you busy for a while! I think they are the type of books you could read again as well.

9. Caspian, Ancient Greek Mythology would be a very interesting Desert Island read! I know you love all the Diary of a Wimpy kid books so that is a good choice bringing a book you know and love. Cat Book – I wondered if anyone would go for a non-fiction book. Looking at cute/funny pictures of animals would be a good way to pass the time!

10. I would also take Sky Chasers I have totally forgotten who wrote it and I can’t find the book either. It’s a really good book though it is all about how the first hot air ballon was made and the first people to fly it.

11. Hi Mrs Jardine

It’s really funny at the start of the Christmasaurus and the winter witch because in the middle of the first chapter Tom Fletcher wrote pause Story! It was really funny. I bet you will laugh your head off when you read it.😂😄😆😁😍 You are gonna love it.

12. I just googled Sky chasers Ori – it’s by Emma Carrol. I haven’t heard of it but it looks like a really interesting book. Oooh, I’m getting lots of great book recommendations this morning!

13. Oriana, my son just said he would take the Lord of the Rings Trilogy! Caspian, I think you need to write and illustrate The Cat Book, in case you are ever going to a desert island.
    I would definitely take a non fiction book – The SAS Survival Guide pocketbook. Hopefully it would help me to face anything on the island.
    I would also take one of my favourite books, The Past through Tomorrow, a science fiction book by Robert Heinlein. It is a collection of short stories about different worlds, so it’s like taking lots of books.
    My last book would be my current favourite, The Island, by Armin Greder. It just happens to be about an island! It is a children’s book, probably aimed at second level. The pictures are amazing. It tells the story of a stranger landing on an island. I won’t tell the ending as it would be a spoiler! I would definitely recommend it to P6 and P7.

14. Mena, my children are asking what age would you recommend the Christmasaurus for? They said you make it sound good.

15. Hello, If we I had to choose 3 books to take to a desert Island I would choose. 1.The-Echanted-Wood . Because the enchanted wood is so good my mummy lets me read it for school work 😄
    2. Zoe’s Rescue Zoo -The Sleepy Snowy-Owl 🤩
    3.Trolls Wold Tour I have a book of trolls wold tour and it is amazing 😁.
    Goodbye! For Now See You All Next Time Bye! Bye!

16. My Desert Island book choices would be…

The complete works of Robert Burns – My gran bought me this book when I was at Primary school and it is one of my most treasured possessions. It is also HUGE so would keep me busy for a while!

A cook book – I love cooking and collect cook books but I am struggling to choose just one! Probably something with lots of great fish recipes to help me with island cooking!

The Snails and the Whale by Julia Donaldson – My favourite picture book! Like Caspian, I would like to have some nice pictures to look at and I love Axel Scheffler’s illustrations in this book. It would be like a warm hug when far from home!

17. Hi Tanith, Thanks for sharing your Desert Island book choices with us! A really good mix of different types of books. I haven’t read Zoe’s Rescue Zoo – The Sleepy Snowy Owl so that’s one I can add to my reading list!

18. Hi Everyone,
    Are audiobooks allowed if so I would take Mythos a guide to greek mythology by Stephen Fry because it’s the book that got me into Greek mythology. I would also take Harry Potter and the order of the Pheonix because it’s one of my most favourite books ever (not as an audiobook this time). Finally, I would take the Hunger games because it’s another one of my favourites. The reason I want to take the audiobook version of Mythos is, I can listen to it wile doing other things.