Tea Cups!!!!

Mum and I have spent hours on teacups!!! I have learnt how to create a grid on Excel, colour words, create borders and…. how to tear my hair out! We are giving up on it for tonight but will try again tomorrow. Mum is really cross as she has maths at masters degree. Her excuse is that it has been a while hahahahahaha!

5 Replies to “Tea Cups!!!!”

1. It frustrated some of the guys in school yesterday Caspian! I found a good place to start was using the diagonals – remember you can have the same colours on them, so for example put all the blue tea cups on the main left to right diagonal, all the greens on the right to left, and work from there. Its also a lot of trail and error though – a good lesson in perseverance!

2. Hi Miss Stapleton, This is where we went wrong… we wrongly assumed you could not have a cup and saucer of the same colour hence why my head hurt and I spent most of the night dreaming about teacups! With fresh heads (and coffee for me), we sussed the problem today and Caspian will upload his Excel grid with his blog later today. Hope it isn’t a problem that we worked on this together.

3. Of course not! Great to have some collaborative problem solving, we definitely would have been doing this task with a partner or group if we were in school!

4. Hi Caspian – so the tea cups problem helped with learning about Excel! So you have achieved something – this is good!