BOOK BLETHER

Welcome to the first BOOK BLETHER of 2021!!

I would love to hear about everyone’s Christmas holiday reading…did you get any new books? Have you discovered any new authors?

Some popular ones in the Jardine household have been the Tom Gates books by Liz Pichon, the Ottoline books by Chris Riddell and The Guiness Book of Records.

Look forward to blethering with you all!

16 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. Hi it’s Erin I’ve been reading shoe wars. It’s about flying shoes and this mean person called Wendy Wedge .

2. Hi Erin, Shoe wars is by Liz Pichon as well. Is it a funny book? Flying shoes sounds like quite a funny subject for a book!

3. I have recently got my last Tom Gates book and I have read them ALL! They r great! I have a huge collection though did borrow some from the library. 😀

4. Hi! Caspian here. I have nearly read every Diary of A Wimpy Kid Book. The only one I haven’t read that I know of is “The Third Wheel”. I really look forward to reading it.

5. In our house we each got books for Christmas and they really give clues to our interests and personalities. In my house, there is me, my husband and I have two boys. The books were about cycling, one was about a Sherpa’s view of climbing Mount Everest, one was about Chris Packham and the other was about The Way of the Samurai. I wonder if you could guess which was mine?!

6. Hi Caspian, it’s great when you have enjoyed a series of books and you can look forward to the next one, isn’t it! I think a lot of children at Holywood would also enjoy The Wimpy Kid books. Good recommendation, thanks!

7. Hi Rhona,
    Well done you, reading the whole series! That is awesome. Libraries are fantastic when you have a whole series to read, like the Tom Gates books. It can be expensive to buy them all, but you really want the next one each time because you know you will enjoy it.

8. Morning Book Blethers!
    Sounds like you guys enjoy books which are part graphic/ cartoon and part text. I wonder if their are new authors for you to discover on EPIC! ?
    I have just finished a spy novel called Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy – it is hailed as a modern classic. I have to say to it was an endurance test and if any of our parents have read it – could they get in touch and explain it?!

On the young person book front I’m still obsessed with Kathryn Rundell’s books. Check out The Explorers and Rooftoppers.

9. Hi. Tanith is back. I got a bag of books from Christmas and I hope to read them all. Right now I have been reading the Enchanted Wood. It is about three children (Joe Frannie and Beth) who move into a house in the country and make friends with the creatures there. Right now I am only at chapter one but I hope to get by the end soon. Also I am very very excited for my birthday in just nine days. Bye!

10. Hi Tanith,
    You are lucky – a whole bag of books! I remember you said you were enjoying the Enchanted Wood. Thanks for telling us some more what it is about.
    Are you counting sleeps until your birthday?!

11. Great to see so many of you on Book Blether this morning! It sounds like you have all been doing lots of reading over the christmas holidays. Caspian, fingers crossed we have a copy of Third Wheel you can borrow from school. You could also check EPIC to see if there are any similar books on there.

12. Rhona, my son has only just discovered the Tom Gates books and he is loving them! How many books are in the series? We have 3 of them so I imagine there are lots still to read!

13. Tanith, a bag of books sounds like the perfect Christmas present. Remember to post a book review of The Enchanted Wood when you’re finished. Would love to hear what you thought of it!

14. I am reading a book called The Book Thief. It is set during the second world war and is narrated by Death. I am enjoying it so far. I will let you know more when I have read more of it.