Kon-Tiki Expedition

Hi all, Caspian is back.

Today I have done 120 speed maths questions and learnt about the Kon-Tiki Expedition. Originally I thought this was a quest set out to find the mythical island creature, the Tiki. I have written a report on the mission down below:

The Kon-Tiki Expedition was set out to prove that, even with their ancient tools, the Ancient Peruvians could get to the “New World” hundreds of years before Christopher “I take all the credit” Columbus. They were a crew of 5 Norwegians, a Swede and a parrot called Lorita. The leader of the expedition was Thor Hyerdahl and the rest of the crew were Knut Haugland, Torstein Raaby, Hermes Watzinger, Bengt Danielsson, and  Erik Hesselberg. Their rations were sweet potatoes, fruits and roots to last them 3 months, although not altering how seasick they got at times. Nevertheless, they made it successfully and have been recorded in history.

That’s all from me today so Tot ziens!!! (Dutch)