Wild flowers and our den

Today is very warm! We had a great day in the woods, we saw lots of wild flowers and took pictures of them, the foxglove was taller than me and the thistle was as big as Zara!

There were a lot of broken empty egg shells lying everywhere as well.

We checked out all the dens from last year but not much left of them so we built a new one, it was great fun.  I then found a big bouncy branch low to the ground that we could sit on and bounce so I called it a swing saw.  The ground  was quite dry when we arrived but by the time we left it was very muddy and we went home very dirty. 😃

7 Replies to “Wild flowers and our den”

1. Great den, you must have worked hard to build it! Fantastic photos too! I wonder if the empty egg shells are a sign of birds using the bird boxes we put up in the woodlands last year..

2. Your photos of the wildflowers are beautiful, thanks for sharing those! Brilliant work with the den – our first one of this year’s Week in the Woods! And if you went home muddy it sounds like a really successful first day, well done Reece, Zara and mum!

3. Looks like you all had a great day Reece!
    Watch out for nettles with your short sleeves although it was very hot today.
    I can’t believe that Foxglove was taller than you – do you know why we must never touch a Foxgloves without gloves?!

What a great start to your Week in the Woods and some washing for the machine already!

4. That’s a brilliant den, Reece. I like your wild flower photos, especially the forget-me-nots.

5. Miss Dale I told my mum they are poisonous when we were in the woods, I’m going to find out all about foxgloves this week and make a little book.

6. Great start to week in the woods Reece. Your den is very impressive and your photos are excellent.

7. It looks like you had a fab day on Monday Reece. I really like your den and the photos of all the wild flowers that you guys spotted. 🙂