Today’s Work

Hi,

Today I worked on my time and Sumdog.  Me and Niamh wanted to do the stick man and water experiment – here are our attempts and what went wrong.

Attempt 1

We used a pink Crayola pen that washed away in the hot water – experiment failed.

BD228F1E-91BB-4936-A04F-59F4DDCC8F8D

Attempt 2

We changed the pen to a whiteboard marker and hot water – experiment failed.

439D533F-78A0-43B6-BABB-0EA4363047B7

Attempt 3

We tried thicker lines and warm water – experiment failed

E9FED92D-977D-46A0-8058-AFDAC40FD288

Attempt 4

We used the same whiteboard marker but chilled water from the fridge, this time the experiment worked and the man moved!!!

My Auntie has asked me to make a card for her to give my Grandma and Grandad for their Anniversary too cause she loved the one I made so I am off to do that now.

Bye Rhys

5 Replies to “Today’s Work”

1. Great stick man experiment guys, I like how you uploaded all of the attempts not just the successful one!

2. Yeah I agree Miss B-D, excellent scientific record of the process – its just as important to keep track of the ones that went wrong, so that you know what you changed to make it work. Great work Rhys.
    Fab maths too – think you just need to double check 7 minutes to 8 at night – remember at night will be 19:53 not 7:53.
    There’s a future business in this card making Rhys, you could start charging the family for your homemade cards!

3. Well done, Rhys and Niamh for keeping on trying different things until you were successful – that’s what real scientists do. I am not surprised that your Auntie has asked you to make a card, Rhys – your other one was beautiful.

4. Great to see you sharing all of your attempts Rhys. It is interesting to see what went wrong and how you guys changed it to make it better. Well done!