Sports Week Axe Throwing Activity

Contestants take turns standing a given distance from a flat slice of tree trunk  target and throwing an axe at it. A small hatchet or tomahawk is ideal. Paint small red patches on your target and get throwing. If your axe misses the target or touches a red patch then you are out. Last person in wins.

Tip: When throwing with right hand have left foot in front of right foot by about 12 inches and at a 45 degree angle.

By charlie

6 Replies to “Sports Week Axe Throwing Activity”

1. Hi Charlie – I might have known your new event would involve an axe or ideally a tomahawk:-) Can you think of a way we could make it safe for P1 to play? Not that I’m letting P7 loose with axes anytime soon!! (Week in the woods!!!)

2. Charlie, I knew this was your event just from reading the title!! Good tip at the end there – standing with your opposite foot in front will help you to keep steady. Vital when throwing axes!!!

3. Nice clear rules Charlie! Sounds like tricky event though, I’m not sure I’d be any good at axe throwing.

4. Same Mrs Jardine, this event had Charlie written all over it! Very clear description of how to play. Have you also filled in a risk assessment to accompany it?

5. I thought the exact same as Mrs Jardine- I knew this would be you before I even saw your name on it. Sounds like a dangerous event but very creative!