My traumatic weekend!

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend, I started to get a sore gum. By Sunday, I had a lump on my gum and I looked like Theodore, from Alvin and the Chipmunks ๐Ÿนย  ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I had to go to the emergency dentist, beside the old hospital. While we were waiting, we walked around the grass area and we found a helipad and a bunny rabbit. I stood on the helipad – it looked like a giant welcoming sign for me!

Soon it was time for me to go in. I used the alcohol hand sanitiser, then we went through the automatic doors (which nearly gave me a heart attack) and then to the front desk, where ‘Stacy’ told us to go through to see the dentist. By the way, Stacy has a number plate that says ‘ok stacy’ – it looked cool. I asked her about it and she said her husband bought her it because he always says ‘ok stacy’ – that made me laugh!

My experience was sooo traumatic, and I was a bit dramatic, that I would like to try and forget it. But I have a photo of me after…

The thing in my mouth is a piece of gauze which helped to stop the bleeding.ย  Afterwards, for the rest of the day and most of the night, half of my face was numb. I was not allowed to take my tooth home for the Toothfairy because of Coronavirus, so the dentist gave me an envelope for under my pillow. I wrote the Toothfairy a note and put it in the envelope, then under my pillow.

This morning, I woke up and Mum came into my room. She asked me if I had checked the envelope, to see if the Toothfairy had left me a note. I looked in the envelope, which was still under my pillow, and discovered that the Toothfairy had left me a note – a ยฃ5 note!

I hope this week has less pain for me.

From Hannah

5 Replies to “My traumatic weekend!”

1. Oh gosh Hannah, that doesn’t sound ideal. I’m glad the dentist managed to help! I hope you are feeling better now.

2. Oww Hannah, sounds horrible. Hopefully the ยฃ5 helped reduce some of the trauma?! Glad you’ve had it sorted, hopefully you’re well on the mend now.

3. Oh Hannah, that was traumatic but it sounds like you were very brave. I’m glad you still got some money from the tooth fairy. Are you going to save it or spend it???

4. Poor you Hannah!! This does sound very traumatic. You must have been super brave though. I’m glad the tooth fairy still managed to visit you!

5. You have been very brave, Hannah – I’m not surprised that the tooth fairy was generous.