Some things I learnt about Japan

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did a poster about Japan’s wildlife. I researched some facts about my favourite Japanese animals then I drew them and put it together in one big poster. Here’s a picture.

Today I made a special Japanese headband called a Hachimaki which is supposed to help you focus and have physical and spiritual strength. It is also worn in the Summer festival called Natsu-Matsuri in Japan. I did some Japanese writing on it and some drawings. Here’s a picture of me modelling my headband ( I have been wearing it all day).                                                                                                      The writing on the band says Genki which means work hard.

Today I also learnt some words in Japanese here is what I learnt:

• Hello – konichiwa, 
  • Good bye – Sayōnara
  • My name is – Watashinonamaeha
  • Thank you – Arigatau
  • Please – Onegaishimasu
  • Friends – Furenzu

Sayōnara Furenzu

4 Replies to “Some things I learnt about Japan”

1. Konichiwa Joe
    I like the sound of that headband, and it looks great with all that Japanese writing on it! Will try to make one, one of these days.

2. The poster is great, your drawings are always so detailed Joe. Looks like you’ve been busy again, did the headband help?

3. Fantastic poster Joe! Your drawings are fab, great information about the animals too. Sayōnara!