BOOK BLETHER

Hello all,

Hope you have all had a great week and have managed to squeeze in some time for reading every day. I have read some brilliant book reviews on the blog this week – it’s great to hear abut the books you have read and what you think of them. Maybe your reviews will inspire someone else to read the book!

Pop onto the chat and let us know what you are reading at the moment.

If you like, you could think about the following BIG READ TASK…

THREE WISHES
A genie lands in the middle of the story and grants the main characters three wishes.

What do they wish for and why?

Look forward to chatting!

28 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. I am reading Groosham Grange which is one of the books miss Dale gave me!

2. Hi Tumaini, Great to see you on Book Blether! You just type on here and we reply. It’s a virtual chat. What book are you reading at the moment?

3. Hi Hannah, Great to see you in the chat! Are you enjoying Groosham Grange? What is it about?

4. Is Groosham Grange good Hannah? I’ve been enjoying reading during my extra time I’m home, I’ve managed to get through a few books that I’ve wanted to read for a while.

5. I have read The Sleepover Book, it has 2 teddies in a brown one and a grey one.
    Its a good book for girls to read

6. My book was called the quest for the golden apple.
    If a genie arrived in my book the character would ask for a weakness potion and a golden apple and to cure her brother.

7. I was reading Cleo’s blogs earlier this week and noticed she was reading House with the Chicken Legs. I had brought a copy home with me. I read it in one night – what a great book!
    It is written in the style of a Russian fairytale but with modern ideas.
    Marinka wishes very hard to change her life but when it does she isn’t happy with the changes – it all begins to fall apart.

8. Hi Tumaini, are you enjoying The Sleepover book. Who is the author? I remember a series of books called The Sleepover club when I was your age. Not sure if it’s the same thing.

9. Hi Bruce, a weakness potion and a golden apple to cure her brother…I’m intrigued! Can you tell us more about the story (without giving too much away!)

10. Ah is your main character trying to save her brother Bruce? It sounds like an adventure book, is it exciting?

11. Miss Stapleton: yes she is trying to save her brother. yes it is an adventure book and its very exciting.

12. Hi Hannah, I thought the opening to Groosham Grange was particularly gruesome, but the author writes it with humour and so he gets away with it – what do you think?

13. The Quest for the Golden Apple – who is the author of your book Bruce? It sounds like one I’d enjoy reading.

14. I have finished reading THE EXPLORER and its where there is a plane and it CRASHES and these kids are trapped in the wild jungle and they find a man who was a lost explorer and was looking for Percy Fossit when he got lost and needed to stay in the wild, SURVIVING.

Book By Katherine Rundel

15. The Explorer looks like a great book Rhona. My son has just started reading it and is really enjoying it. I will have to borrow it when he’s finished!

16. Thanks Bruce.
    Yippee! I also brought The Explorer home – I’ll read that this weekend.

17. Rhona you should check out this week’s literacy work on the P5-7 learning page. It is all about Percy Fawcett the explorer – it has some great reading and writing tasks that I think you might enjoy.

18. Bruce, thanks for letting us know it’s on EPIC. That means anyone can read it at home if they like the sound of it! Good to know!