Book review on Drama by Raina Telgemeier

Drama is a graphic novel. The first edition was published 2012 and printed in USA.

Drama is a book where Callie and her friends help plan the performance and make it happen. Her friend Liz made the costumes. Callie kept meeting other boys. At the end she was in charge of making the cannon pop. In the rehearsals the cannon had to pop with confetti but it wouldn’t pop big also they ran out of the confetti poppers so at the end the didn’t do it. By Orla.

Today’s Work

Hi

Today I worked more on the Percy Fawcett Project.  I completed a newspaper page and a poster about the Amazon.  I also worked on Sumdog and Epic more.

Bye Rhys

Sunflower

Today I started with maths and learned my words.   I then drew a sunflower, my real sunflower is growing well and hopefully it will get really tall.

The little ladybird was on the table outside last night, it looks a little different to my ladybird Loopy!

From Reece

Big Thurday

I made a river out of tin foil.  This was such good fun! I had to curl the sides up each side because the water would go over the top. The water went down fast just like a river. I put some stones and sticks on it so it didn’t blow away.

We did it on the slopey bit in the garden so the water could come down. You need it highter one side so it works.

Whittling with Mrs. Madden

Sorry I’m late with my whittling post this week – I have been working at the hub this morning.

Today I’m going to show you how to whittle a small bird.  The one I am making is officially Britain’s smallest bird, the Goldcrest.  I have used a hazel stick.  I sawed an 8 cm length off the end of my stick.

I used my hatchet to take a little wood and bark off the sides of the piece of wood to form fairly flat sides.

I stripped the rest of the bark off using my whittling knife and drew an outline of the bird I want to make.

I used my workbench to firmly hold my piece of wood while I cut off the larger areas of wood outside the outline I had drawn.

I wore my cut resistant glove and started to make small cuts with my whittling knife to, gradually, shape the little bird.  I use a photo of the bird to keep referring to as I whittle.

Big Thursay 21st May

Happy thursday everyone

I made a sound map today. The other day we walked in Ae forest so I was trying to remember the path and what sounds I could hear on the way.

My mum videod while I made the sound effects from our walk. Hope the video works.

Yay!

Just a couple of minutes ago I completed the 1000 question challenge!

BIG THURSDAY

Find this week’s Big Thursday grid in the learning folders! 

We’d love to see photos and videos of your Big Thursday on the blog. 

Have a great day everybody!!