My work

Hey everyone – Cleo checking in with some of my work.

This is my Van Gogh inspired painting from the end of last week using the airbrush programme

I’ve nearly finished House with the Chicken Legs. Mummy has set me the challenge of finishing before the end of the week so I can do a review. I have been doing work from my spelling list and also did the dictionary words – here are my sentences for those.

Indiana Jones is an intrepid adventurer that travels all over the world looking for historical artifacts.
Captain Marvel is courageous because she fights for people to protect them.
Climbing Mount Everest is arduous journey because the conditions are harsh.
School work can be a gruelling task.
Going for a walk in the Amazon Rainforest can be an adventurous escapade.
I love clothes and jewellery that are unique.
The house was in the jeopardy because it was so old and at risk of falling down.

For maths I’ve been sticking with my 5-a-day and doing a mix of medium and spicy. I’ve also been doing Sumdog and I’m going to try hard to help us do well in the challenge this week.

This week we’ve also taken a look at plants. We went into the garden and looked at flowering and non-flowering plants. We then discussed the differences. Then we looked at parts of a plant and I came in and drew a diagram through paint. Here it is.

I’ve also been very interested in myths and legends recently, especially legendary or mythical creatures. I’ve been watching some documentaries on them. Today’s has been about the Lochness monster.
Anyway time to go for just now.
Hope everyone is safe.
Cleo.

6 Replies to “My work”

1. You’ve been very busy Cleo! You are doing great stuff at home. It would be fab if you could finish your book and join in with book blether on Friday morning! How many pages do you have left to read?

2. Have you enjoyed the House with Chicken Legs Cleo, or has it been one you’ve had to stick at a bit?
    Thanks for working on Sumdog 🙂 We’ve made it on to the leaderboard, in 58th place – much better than not on it at all! Apparently all pupils who answer 100 questions get a special item for their house…

3. Nice work Cleo. I really like your sentences, particularly the one about school work being a gruelling task – it’s very funny. That’s great that you have helped your class to get on the leader board on Sumdog- well done.

4. Hi Cleo – I like that you used a computer graphics package to produce your plant image for science. I have looked closely at your Van Gogh and I can’t see it – he used bold sweeping brushstrokes to add texture. Yours is too neat and tidy – have another go and be bold and a bit messy!
    Miss Dale

5. Fantastic sentences Cleo- they are very interesting and sophisticated. Sounds like you have been doing lots of hard work again this week! 🙂

6. Great work Cleo. I look forward to reading your book review – I love the front cover and title of that book and I’m very intrigued to hear more about it! Why don’t you join in with book blether on Friday morning and tell us more about it?