Hi all,

I’ve enjoyed doing loads of coding over the weekend. Here is a link (or copy and paste) to what I have done. If you want to try and copy this, go to code.org dance party.

https://studio.code.org/projects/dance/mL0ycYmBlRyrrHLW6D0s723qQ5G85UlU0zhZibIKqZE?qr=true

I have done a lot of reading on Epic, I have gone from level 8 to level 11 and I have got some new achievements. Tanith is doing really well on Epic too but I admit I got a bit cross she went from level 1 to level 11!

We also did a kindness exercise today where we were asked to write down an act of kindness we had done, and one done for us during the coronavirus.

Bye, see you tomorrow.

Kindness in a Crisis

Today I wrote what I did which was nice during the coronavirus time. I can tell you what I wrote.

I wrote a lot of cards to care homes. It makes me feel happy to make someone smile. I made brack with my mummy and my brother for an old lady called Ruth and she loves it.

For someone else helping me, I wrote that mummy, Mark and Caspian help me with my maths and spellings. I love them and they make me feel happy.

I had maths and spelling also today. I fed my sparrows and rooks in the garden too.

It is nice to see everyone back on the blog after Saturday and Sunday. My cat Ludo is getting very better, he is happy he can leave his cage now. He sleeps with me now and he taps my head in the morning when he wants me to get up for school.

Bye, see you tomorrow. Love Tanith x

Our summer shed

Today I came back and my mum had decorated the summer shed. We have already painted the shed in a teal colour.  We bought some ply wood to put inside so it looked nicer. This morning I came back and my mum had put a lamp and some furniture in the summer shed. My mum also painted a beside table it was also teal. She put some flooring in. It was left overs from our kitchen. The summer house looks really good. By Orla.

Esmae’s blog

Hi everybody. Today I did some maths. I did double numbers from the maths task and got them alright apart from one. I then made a weather forecast video with my mum and nana. Mum made the map and i coloured it in. Nana held up the words for me to read out. When we went to upload it. It wouldn’t work. You can only upload  videos that are 50mb and my video was too big to do it. 

I said Good afternoon my name is Miss Lily sunshine with your daily weather. In dumfries it will be sunny with cloudy intervals and will be chilly through out the day. Top temperatures of 12°c.

Also in Glasgow and Edinburgh there will be plenty of sunshine. Glasgow will have temperatures of 13°c and 11°c in Edinburgh. Bye for now. 

Mon 11th May

Today has been good. I started off by doing some maths work then I read a story called ‘A pain in the feet’.

I have started to work on my adaption pictures. It’s a scuba diver in the coral reef. He needs that tank full of oxygen so he can breath through the mask. I can snorkel, I have a big snorkel mask that I take on holiday to Turkey! He has flippers so he can swim underwater and a wetsuit so it protects his body.

My mum bought me a magazine today. I got all these free gifts with it. I followed instructions inside to make my own dream catcher.

Bye

My monday

Today I started with the maths sums, then I did more in my jotter.  I did the spelling game on the whiteboard, it was fun!

The book I’m going to read every day this week is horses and by Friday I will be fast!

g

wierd and cute animal adaptions

Hi

We watched a really cool show called

The strangest animal adaptions in nature!

Our favourites are the

Wood Frog,  Aukopi, Sunda Flying Lemur,  Kangaroo Rat, Lyrebird, Irraw Addy and  the Greater Short Horned Lizard.

You can find this programme on You Tube, Check it out it is cool, educational and amazing.

We also watched a programme about camoflage mum has now challenged us to camoflage ourselves to blend with stuff in the house and garden. We will take some pictures.

From Harry and Tumaini

My manga drawings and 15 minute quick writing

Hi everyone
Rory here. Just a quick post to show you my manga drawings from Thursday. I did one of Goku from Dragon Ball Z and then I drew myself.

I’ve just finished some 15 minute quick writing so here it is.

One of my favourite tv shows is The Magic School Bus.
My favourite characters are Carlos and Ralphie.
There is more than one The Magic School Bus. There is The Magic School Bus Rides Again and the Magic School Bus.
I like the Magic School Bus Rides Again more because the graphics are better and the episodes are better.
In my favourite episode they go back in time and become dinosaurs so Tim could learn about fossils and they saw how life began.
It is one of my favourite shows because it tells you facts and general knowledge and also because there is a magic school bus.

Now I am going to read Ottoline and the Yellow Cat.
Have a good day everyone.
Rory

A Bit More Wildlife

I found a Violet Ground Beetle in my garden (at least I think that is what it is – it was very fast).  It is flightless and very common in woods hedgerows and gardens.  It hunts at night feeding on small worms, slugs and many other small creatures.

Down by the river I found, what I think is, caddisfly larvae stuck to a rock.  They build ‘cases’ to protect themselves from predator fish.  To build these cases, larvae use silk to stick gravel, sand and bits of plants together around themselves.  Mrs. Madden