What I’ve been up to.

Hi everyone
Hi Miss Brockie-Donald – I’m OK, just really missing all my friends and the playground.

I’ve been working hard on my maths again. I’ve been doing the subtractions that are on our sheet. I’ve been learning about needing to borrow a one to help work them out. I’ve also been trying to do my Sumdog challenge. I’ve been trying hard to be accurate. This one has been tricky.

I learned about life cycles. We watched some videos and I drew a life cycle of a butterfly. I really liked doing this and want to do more life cycles! I learned about inherited characteristics yesterday and we did the monster task. This is my picture of the parents and the baby monsters. I am going to give the puppy task a go this afternoon.

I’m still reading Ottoline and the Yellow Cat but today I took a break from it and read 2 books that Nana gave us that have tasks in them about tricky words. I’ll do the tasks tomorrow.

Yesterday I did spelling as part of literacy. I got 9 out of 10. Then wrote a sentence for each word. I also did some creative writing for literacy this morning. Here it is –

I was Yoda and I was in Dagobah eating. Darth Vader came. I said leave you must and took out my light saber. I hit Vader’s saber. Darth Vader said join the dark side. Luke Skywalker’s x-wing landed. Luke took out his light saber and said he will not join you Vader. Then Emperor Palpatine came and he shot lightening out of his hands hitting Luke. Luke got knocked out. Yoda ran away.
Then I woke up!

Finally I’ve checked my bug hotel and so far we only have ants, snails and the odd spider moved in. I’m now going to watch an episode of Horrible Histories. Bye for now.
Rory

7 Replies to “What I’ve been up to.”

1. Morning Rory,

I agree this Sumdog challenge is one of the tricker ones but you are doing a great job and fab accuracy so far! Keep at it.

Great topic work, I’m glad you are enjoying it.

I would love to see your creative writing turned into a stop motion animation Rory, it would be action packed for sure!

Nice to hear that some animals have checked into your hotel. Enjoy the rest of your day!

2. It’s only Wednesday morning and you’ve already done so much Rory, well done. I think its great how reflective and honest you are being when you find something tricky – you’ll know what to work on that way. Your monster task is great so I’m looking forward to seeing how the puppy one goes. Keep up the fab work!

3. Wow Rory, you have been doing so much! Life cycles of insects are interesting. Great work Rory – excellent blog post.

4. You have been doing some interesting things, Rory! I wonder what other guests will be checking into your bug hotel?
    I love Horrible Histories, too. Find them very interesting.

5. Wow it sounds like you have been super busy Rory! It’s great to hear that you have had some ants, snails and spiders move into your bug hotel! 🙂