spelling day

Today I practiced my spelling , copied them down  then I wrote the words in a sentence for each of them. I did well. I can tell you one of my sentences – I live  on the world called Earth.   Then I did my maths and guess what? I actually got two pages of my maths right!! I still need to practice  sequencing. I did some Spanish. I found five words of things in the home. Do you know, the capital city of Spain is Madrid. Mummy gave me some sentences to  copy so I could practice my handwriting.  I watched a film about dog training so I could learn how to train my dog. I am trying to teach her to walk better and give me her paw. I need to spend a lot of time with her so she obeys me. We had a lovely walk to get some exercise. I helped mummy make tea for us all.

Byeee, see you tomorrow! Love from Tanith xxx

Storyboarding

Hi, Caspian is back with another blog!

Today, I discovered some pretty cool words in my dictionary review. During maths, I worked on fractions and coordinates; I did really well when mum marked it. Tanith and I worked on our Spanish together, we watched a language film and identified words relating to things around the home. I moved on to Spanish geography and worked with an atlas of the area to find out the capital city, the bordering countries and the rivers. In literacy, I continued story boarding and writing my first cranimals story. We also enjoyed walking half a mile for exercise although I rode my bike most of the time.

See you tomorrow!

Recipe for fruit scones

Ingredients
450g/1lb self-raising flour
2 level tsp baking powder
50g/1¾oz caster sugar
100g/3½oz butter, softened, cut into pieces
2 free-range eggs
A little of milk                                               A handful of sultanas/raisins  (optional)

Method
Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Lightly grease two baking trays.
1. Put the flour, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.  Add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Crack the eggs into a measuring jug, then add enough milk to make the total liquid 300ml/10fl oz. Stir the egg and milk into the flour – you may not need it all – and mix to a soft, sticky dough.
3. Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface, knead lightly and work in the sultanas or raisins, if using.     4. Roll out to a rectangle about 2cm/¾in thick.
5. Cut into as many rounds as possible with a fluted 5cm/2in cutter and place them on the prepared baking trays.                            6. Brush the tops of the scones with a little extra milk, or any egg and milk left in the jug.

Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until the scones are well risen and a pale, golden-brown colour. Lift onto a wire rack to cool. Eat as fresh as possible.
To serve, split the scones and serve with strawberry jam on the plain scones along with a good dollop of clotted cream. By Orla. Take care bye.

Keep school closed

In think school should close forever. At home you dont need to que for the swing so playtime is better. Work at home is a bit better because Mum has lots of time to explain things so I understand it a bit more. We take out time getting ready in the morning and dont have to drive anywhere.

I can video chat my friends and all that so I get to talk to them and play games.

I would miss the teachers I’m not sure how I would fix that. I think Mrs Dale would send extra work.

It’s good playing and working in the garden. We have 2 swings.

We bake more at home and can play as soon as we have finished work.

I will miss the hill, I would need to build a hill in my garden. I would miss week in the woods and water side day. Maybe we could all still go to a woods every year.

From Tumaini

Esmae’s blog

Hi everybody. Today I did some work on the empire state building. I had to read about it then answer the questions. I did multiplication sums and partition numbers. Then I was learning how to tell the time. I’m getting a bit better. Then I did a spelling test and got 19 out of 20.

Open school

I think school should open so I can skid on the hills and jump off them, it is very fun

Also so I can play with Aaron, Miller and all my friends.

So I can see Kai and he  could skid down the hills with me.

So I could do maths with Miss Pattie.

From Harry

Life cycle of a praying mantis

Hi everyone, Cleo here! Today after maths and literacy we looked at life cycles. Here is one I did of the praying mantis, followed by a description of their life cycle

A female mantis lays groups of 14-100 babies in a froth that hardens to protect the egg through the Winter. This is known as an ootheca.

Baby mantids , called nymphs, hatch in the spring. Often their first meal is one of their siblings! Nymphs eat leafhoppers, aphids or small flies.

All through Summer  they shed their skin many times to reveal a new larger skin underneath. This is called moulting.

They have one final moult and this is when they officially become an adult. Almost all species of mantis also reveal a set of wings at this final moult. Females will go on to lay eggs of their own. Their life span is only approximately 1 year, so soon after egg laying they usually die. The life cycle will begin again with the new eggs.

Here is some bonus pictures of Matilda! (Who is actually a boy)

By Cleo

These are some of the thing’s I have got up to during the last 2 weeks.

Hi everyone sorry I haven’t been on the blog much . My family and I feel like the weeks have went in so fast.

I thought I would put a few photo’s up with some of the thing’s I have been keeping busy with. All very positive stuff –

We had my brother’s 19th Birthday on Easter sunday so we made him a Cadburys caramel cheese cake (he prefers more than cake) , we put the candles back to front so it read 91 rather than 19 because sometimes he acts like an old man . We also had our easter egg hunt in which my two brothers actually joined in ( well they wouldn’t have got their easter eggs if they hadn’t  ) . We had alot of fun and way too much chocolate (not really 🤣) .

We have had some lovely weather , there was one day in perticular which was exceptionally hot , I decided to build a den to keep my dog’s Oreo and Porridge a bit more on the cool side . I would say they quite liked my efforts .

On many of our exercise walks we came accross some stunning nature . We saw a Beuatiful butterfly sitting in the middle of the road , it had been hurt How ever it was still able to move quite freely , we lifted the wee thing , sat it on a flower to give it more of a chance , as you can see in the photo it’s body got a bit of a bang  😢 On another walk we seen alot of baby bunnies , very small and cute . Another walk my Mum was ecstatic as she was able to photograph the stunning Sun Dog /Sun Halo . The photo does not give it’s full beauty.  The colours where so vibrant , it just looked breath taking . I also found a tiny jumping spider , it almost looks robotic when it moves .

I decided to make some healthy dog treats for my dog’s Oreo and Porridge , human’s could also eat them because of the natural product’s used. The recipe makes a lot so my dogs will have goodies for ages . They both love them and would probably eat them all if they had the chance.

My Mum and I decided we needed a nice sweet treat , we had a look at what ingredients we had in the cupboard with what we found We were able to make the most delicious hot fudge chocolate cake , like our dog’s we could have easily ate all the cake , that would have been greedy and we are sure our tummys would not have been happy after 😅

My mum love’s photography so any chance she can get to take photo’s she will , especially the night sky . The moon and venus have been playing along side each other over a period of nights , my mum said that it’s a very stunning sight to see . The sky was very clear so everything was noticeable , bright and identifiable if you had looked up .

By Merissa

Literacy- Big words

Here are some sentences I had to write:

The Monkey is scampering across the cobblestone.

I just cant believe people can be so obnoxious.

Wow, that is the most radiant bird I have ever seen.

I wish I could see light spectrums, it is hard to be blind.

I must leave now before I rouse the wrath of the dragon.

I leave as quickly as possible before the half rotten corpse begins to decay.

To me, Scotland is a paradise.

I swivel on my feet as I am startled.

Airens blog

Hi everyone I havent posted for a while. Today I have been doing some maths and reading with my mum. I enjoyed learning about the butterfly life cycle. We are going to make yummy banoffee pie I will post some pics and the recipe later.  I hope everyone is staying safe and staying home too.