BOOK BLETHER

Welcome to our second Book Blether chat!

What has everyone been enjoying reading this week?

Do you have a favourite type of book  – fiction, non-fiction, graphic novel, picture book, historical, adventure etc?

Do you stick to that genre or do you like to mix it up a bit?

Look forward to hearing from you!

10 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. Good morning
    I’ve just finished ghosts, I read half in school and I did the other half at home.
    The author was the same one that wrote the baby sitter club. The author is called Raina Telgermier.
    The story was about a girl who moved to a town who celebrated the day of the read. It was a good book.
    I have been working on finishing things – one of my targets
    I’m now going to finish another book I started

📖

2. Good Morning,

I’ve finished reading The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell. I really enjoyed it and I’m planning on ordering some more of her books. Miss S have you read any of her other books?

I’ve been checking on the amazon 100 top selling books regularly and have just finished reading The Flat Share by Beth O’Leary, I had heard a couple of people talking about it and it didn’t disappoint.

I started The Prison Doctor last night so we’ll see how I get on with this one…

3. That’s great you have finished Ghosts Erin. It sounds like a really interesting story. Was this the book you did one of your illustrations from in Art?

4. I think will have a look at the Amazon top 100 books Miss Brockie-Donald. I finished the book I was reading last week – I am glad I stuck with it! It had quite an unexpected and interesting twist at the end. Looking for inspiration for what to read next!

5. No the picture was from the baby sitter club book 1.
    The book that I am writing from last week is about a girl who gets sooked into big hole .
    When it’s done I might put up a video of me reading it so you can listen to it.
    It’s good the teachers have enjoyed there books this week

6. Ah, that’s right. I knew it was an illustration from a graphic novel you chose. Crikey! I wouldn’t want to be sooked up into a big hole! You will have to tell us more about this book once you’ve read some more of it! Would love to see a video of you reading it Erin.

7. Would love to see a video of you reading your book Erin, what a fantastic idea! Happy writing.

8. I have been reading What the Ladybird Heard then I was looking at a Wildlife book. I took the book to Ae forest for a walk yesterday afternoon and found black slugs, beetles, wild flowers and a frog.
    I am going to find the names of the flowers I found in the book and write them down.

9. No Miss B-D, I’ve not read any more of hers but I’d be interested in finding out what else she’s written because I really enjoyed the twists.
    I’m reading Thirteen just now… which is probably a bit scary to recommend to children, sorry guys, but I’m really enjoying it. Its one that Mrs Queen gave me to read. Nearly finished it though so need something to read next if anyone has any recommendations?

10. What the Ladybird Heard is a great book Ella. I love all of Julia Donaldson’s books! That was good thinking taking your wildlife book to Ae forest. You found lots of creepy crawlies! Let us know when you find out the names of the flowers you spotted.