Wednesday

Hi guys, how are you doing? I’ve not been so busy because I didn’t do somethings on my schedule. I didn’t do my tidying. The first thing I did today was Spanish. Again I use the app Duolingo. Next I did my reading. I am reading machine gunners. Quickly I write to my granny because we are being pen pals. Then it was Maths. I was working on 24 hour time or 12 hour time. Then it was English. Again I did  comprehension.  The morning to the afternoon is basically the same everyday. My mum offered to get some ice cream so I said yes. I got vanilla ice cream. After that it was project work. I am doing a letter about life as a child in the world war. Like how they had to evacuate. This picture is my Spanish. The crowns means how many levels you have completed. I’ve done more but I couldn’t fit it in. The fire is what streak you have. The hearts are how many life’s you have got. If you run out of hearts you either have to use your gems or loose all the work you have done. And you will have to practice. The flag is what language you are studying. That is my day for you bye. By Orla.

It’s My B-day Y’all! 🐺

Caspian is back! Today is my birthday! I got an awesome Xbox game from my parents, Lego DC Super Villains. I’ve not had any school today so I could check out my new game. I got some dark chocolate mint bar and After Eights. my chocolate cake was so rich and extravagant, I need to ration myself! I got some Doctor Who books based on fairy tales, for example The Emperor Dalek’s New Clothes 🤣🤣🤣

Bye for now see ya tomorrow.

Birthday Caspian 🎂

Hello,

Today was Caspian’s birthday so mummy gave us a day off school. i got some Princess Poppy troll slippers in the post, mummy got them for me as a surprise. i made Caspian a birthday card. After Caspian opened his presents we went for a lovely walk for exercise. Then we had a birthday tea and chocolate smartie cake made by mummy. The candles kept getting new flames! I am making pictures of fairyland with fuzzy felt.

Byeee from Tanith xxx 🧡

Tricky Maths

Hi everyone. It’s Rory.
Just a little blog to focus on maths. I realised there was things I was finding tricky. First of all my Sumdog challenge made me realise I needed to go over my shapes and their facts again.  Mummy made me a sheet of shapes and names and I had to match the names to their shapes. Then Daddy drew shapes and I had to name them. This was a good reminder for me and made my Sumdog challenge much better and I was able to complete it today.
I also struggled a little with adding when the numbers got bigger. Mummy said I kept forgetting to carry the one. I have been practising hard on this and Mummy has been giving me a lot of sums to try and help me remember to do this. I’ll keep this practice up.
I also did some French maths today. I had the sums written out in French words and I had to write the answers. I also had a list of numbers that I had to write in french words.
Bye for now
Rory

Esmae’s blog

Hi everybody. Today i had a spelling test and got 19/20. I then done partition numbers and got 12/12. Then i finished reading my book on epic called my pet slime. It’s about a girl called piper that needs to do show and tell. There’s a girl called Claire who’s really mean and says that everyone should bring a pet to show and tell. But Piper is allergic to animals. So she makes a pet slime. Her granny puts space dust on her desk when piper was making slime. Piper made a mess with the slime. The space dust turns piper’s pet slime into a real pet. 

Hi

I havent posted in a while because i forgot how to log in.I’ve had ny birthday on the 24 of april🥳 out lettece we got from the school is doing good its really big and i can know eat it.Also my sister had her birthday on the 18 of april she got a new desk to draw on and she drew me as a miraculous charcter and im a unicorn 😀 . My mum is always on the phone calling my granny and grandpa while i sit and play on my tablet while eating waffle not really do i eat woffles at difrent  time😥.Miss dale called to see of we needed help oh and Hi miss dale! 😃Anyway i hope youre all of you are safe.💗 and well At this scary time of year .anyone else agree that we shouldnt have school uniform i saw that vlogs 💘 and when i come back i hope i see all youre faces and not a few All because your all so special and kind and i dont wanna hear or see u suffering dure to corona.But i dont think we need to worry as there is not alot of kids who have corona in primary school. And i will be trying out your crafts to see what its like to do <3 and PLEASE WASH UR HANDS!!! U wont get corona if u just 👏Wash👏youre👏Hands👏 thank you for reading this extreamly long vlog im greatful for all of u

~ Alexa

Wildlife in my garden

I photographed some signs of wildlife in my garden today.  I have a bird box and there is a sparrow nesting in it – I have seen it fly in and out but I couldn’t get a photo of it doing that.

I also found the beginnings of a wasp nest in my pony’s stable – this is only about 3 cm long (I took it down because I don’t really want a wasp nest in the stable).  It’s quite beautiful to look at though and very delicate.  Wasps are predators and prey on other insects – they are important because they keep the numbers of other insects under control.  Mrs. Madden

Lemon Clock

Today I have done an experiment using lemons to power a clock.

We did this from a set, that contained a small digital clock, two sticks of zinc and three pieces of wire. We had to do is chop the lemon in half. Then we had to get two forks and stick them in both lemon halves. Next, we put the zinc sticks in each lemon half and connected the red wire to 1 of the forks and the black wire to 1 of the zinc sticks on the other lemon half then we connected both these wires to the clock. Then we attached the white wire to the remaining zinc stick and fork. Finally, we Sellotaped the wires in place and the clock started working!

So how does it work?

The forks acts like positive electrodes in a battery. They are plated with metal which doesn’t react as much as the zinc does. When the forks and zinc plates are put into the lemon, a chemical reaction happens. Electrons create a negative charge which moves from the zinc plates to the forks to make a current this switching on the clock. Lemon juice helps conducts electricity this can also be done with potatoes and grapefruit.

Here are my pictures of my potato and lemon clock.

by Joe