What I’ve been up to

Hey everyone, Cleo here! Today I will be talking about what i have been up to in home school.

We have been learning about food chains. We watched a few videos explaining food chains. We matched the words to their meanings and then drew a food chain. I have shown the chain from algae to orca whale.

We made a bug hotel at the front of our house. We used sticks, bark, moss, pine cones, bricks for the base and leaves. Here are some pictures of our step by step process.

I’ve been doing more five a day for maths and a bit of Sumdog.

Today I did some 15 minute quick writing. Here it is…
If there was a place I could go tomorrow it would probably be M&D’s. The reason I would want to go is because it is a fun theme park. My favourite  ride is the train roller coaster because is isn’t to fast and it isn’t to slow. I do also like the log flume. There is an animal place there to with parrots, snakes, a toucan and much more. There are 40 rides at M&D’s. Not only is there rides and animals there’s also an arcade. The arcade is quite big. I have a lot of good memories  from M&D’s. One of them were me and Mummy were on the Condor and when we were high up I would look down and she would scream! The Condor was a ride with eagle seats and it would spin around while going up. It would go really high.

I also had to find the list of tricky words in a dictionary. My Mummy’s favourite sentence was “I am difficult to rouse in the morning.” because it is true.

By Cleo

6 Replies to “What I’ve been up to”

1. Fantastic food chain work Cleo! Well done for managing to match all of the words to their meanings.

Super bug hotel! Have any bugs checked in yet?

2. Tried any of the trickier 5 a day questions Cleo?
    Your quick writing piece is great – I have never been to M&Ds but you’ve described some of the rides really well, and made it a personal recount with your memories and feelings – you’ve made me want to go!

3. You have worked hard today Cleo – I also like your use of ‘rouse’ in a sentence – I can think of a member of the staff team who would agree with that sentence too.
    Great description in your written piece – watch two, to and too.
    Read again and see if you can spot where changes are needed.
    Thanks for all your hard work!
    Thanks Mum and Dad.
    Miss Dale

4. Fantastic work Cleo. I really like your step by step photos of how you made your bug hotel.

5. I love your bug hotel Cleo- looks like you have lots of great materials which you used for it. I really like the way you have shown us step by step photos- such a good idea. Great work on your food chains too. 🙂