BOOK BLETHER

Hello Everyone!

If anyone would like to join in with the Book Blether, click on this post and reply with a comment.

Some questions to get us started….

What are you reading at the moment?

Have you been enjoying this lovely weather and reading outside?

27 Replies to “BOOK BLETHER”

1. Morning, I’ve just finished reading No One Home by Tim Weaver. I read this book very quickly, I just couldn’t put it down. I needed to find out what had happened to the people who went missing.

I’m going to read The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell next. I’m planning to head out to my garden this afternoon to read in the sunshine!

2. Hi Miss B, It’s great when you find a book that’s so good you just can’t put it down! I’m reading Amsterdam by Ian McEwan. I’m struggling to really get into it but I’ve enjoyed other books bythe same author so I’m sticking with it!

Enjoy your outdoor reading later – such a lovely day!

3. Good morning. I have been reading lots. I have read Carbonel, a magic cat, mummy helps me with this as it is for bigger children. Paddington pop up book of the film, I am reading Secret Kingdom Enchated Palace by Rosie Banks at the moment. It is about a group of fairies. I have a full set of the stories.

4. Miss Brockie-Donald, I’ve read The Family Upstairs recently – so when you have finished let me know what you think? I’ve just read Cilka’s Journey, which slightly based on a real woman who was in the Aushwitz-Birkenau concentration camp and a Soviet gulag during the 1940s/50s. Not the cheeriest subject, it was a tough read at parts, but I did enjoy it. I’ve been reading out in my garden too.

5. I have been reading Three Hills by Mark Montgomery. It is about 16th century so it is a good object for work on history.

6. I have read Cilka’s journey too Miss Stapleton, although it wasn’t the happiest storyline I couldn’t put it down.
    I am currently reading a book called The Volunteer by Jack Fairweather which is about a man who volunteers himself to go into Aushwitz-Birkenau camp in order to send information about it to the Allies. Again not the most cheery topic but it is very interesting, especially if you love history like I do.
    I think I will go outside to read in my garden too.

Happy reading everyone! 🙂

7. Good morning, I’m reading the baby sitters club book 2 – the truth about Stacey.
    The book is a graphic novel. I like these books I find them easier to read.
    I like to read at bedtime , I share the reding with my mum or dad.
    I always want to go onto the next chapter to see what will happen
    Erin

8. Sounds like you are doing lots of reading Tanith. The Secret Kingdom books look good. I think my daughter would enjoy those as well! Are you working your way through the full set? That will keep you busy!

9. I used to love the babysitters club when I was younger Erin! Have you read any more from the series?

10. Hi Erin, I loved The Babysitters Club books when I was your age – yes, they’ve been around that long! I like the sound of a graphic novel version – maybe you could have a go at drawing some of the illustrations from the book?

11. Good morning Erin, I used to love reading The Babysitters Club books when I was younger too! They’re such good stories! 🙂

12. Hi Caspian, that sounds like a really interesting novel. It looks like Miss S and Miss P are fans of historical novels too!

13. Hi teachers, i got these 2 out of the reading hub before we finished school.
    Hopefully I can save my money to get some more or maybe for my birthday
    I’m thinking of starting to write my own book. The plot is the girl gets transported into a different world and has to find a way home. She meets 3 people on the way who helps her. A zombie, a warewolf and a unicorn.
    Miss Stapleton I’m still trying to prove unicorns are real. Remember in P2 you asked me to prove it 🤔🤔

14. Sounds like a great story plot Erin! You could make a story board like the ones we made to plan our World Book Day stories to help you plan it. Good luck on your quest to prove unicorns are real!

15. Hi everybody ! Three hills sound good l might try it. I finished the hobbit not long ago it was really good!. I am now reading A pinch of magic which I am reading in the garden!
    Oriana

16. hi everyone
    nice to read about what everyone is reading. im reading the twits. i have already read some this morning. i had a moment of confusion when they where sticking everything to the ceiling but as i read on i understood why. im almost at the end now.

17. Hi everyone
    So cool to hear what everyones reading.I’ve recently finished the first of the Huger games trilogy bye Susan Colins and I really enjoyed it is quite dark but enjoy those sort of books.

Now I’m reading the second Huger games books Catching fire and so far I’ve really enjoyed it.

Hannah I’ve read the fist few of the Wolf Brother books too and I like the way she describes the wolf/dog in the book like when the wolf is uffing witch is somewhere in between a bark or a grunt.bye the way Caspian the three hills sound good I might try it when I finish the Huger games trilogy.
    see you
    Joe

18. Hi Oriana, I read The Hobbit (a very long time ago!) and really enjoyed it. What is A Pinch of Magic About? Enjoy reading in the garden Ori!

19. Hi Hannah, Did you enjoy Wolf Brother? It was a popular choice at Holywood before we finished up. Maybe you could put a Wolf Brother post on the blog and see what everyone else thought of it? No spoilers though!

20. Hi Rory, You seem to be really enjoying the Roald Dahl books. He’s a brilliant author! The Twits is great! So many funny moments! Do you have a favourite part of story so far?

21. Hi Joe – if you enjoy the Hunger Games, have you read the “Wind on Fire” trilogy by William Nicholson? I think you might enjoy it, maybe look them up – the first is called The Wind Singer.

Yes Erin, I remember. I’m still awaiting solid proof, but I live in hope you’ll find some for me 🙂

22. Hi Joe, Glad you enjoyed finding out what everyone is reading – I did too! I see you and Hannah have both read Wolf Brother. Maybe you could put a Wolf Brother post on the blog and have a chat about the book?

23. Hi Mrs Jardine !
    A PINCH OF MAGIC is about three sisters who are trapped by an ancient curse and if they go beyond the borders of their home then by sun set they will pass away but they have three objects to help them the objects are a magic mirror a bag and nesting dolls. It’s full of adventure.

24. Hi Everyone – sorry to come alone late. Wish I could borrow your Wolf Brother, Hannah. Some one walked away with my copy just before school closed and I’d only got to the end of chapter 1.
    I am reading The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz, he usually writes children’s book (they are excellent – Alex Ryder, Groosam Grange, Diamond Brothers etc.).
    It is about Anthony Horowitz working with a detective; a mix of fiction and events from the author’s life. Slightly weird and a bit funny.
    Happy Reading everyone!
    Miss Dale

25. Hi Miss Stapleton I’ve started the first book the wind singer but I kind of drifted away from it I need to get back to it at some point.