Quick Writing! Jumpy Matilda!

One day I was upstairs in my room with Mummy getting the mantises out all joyful until it changed. Mummy was getting Matilda out and I was getting Zino out. When Matilda saw Mummy’s glasses… well she tried jumping on them. She would put her raptors up and move side to side before jumping. When she jumped I got really scared and i’m still scared of her but i do love her. She still tries to jump on Mummy’s glasses but she doesn’t jump at me a lot because I don’t have glasses. It’s because she sees herself in her glasses and thinks it’s another mantis because mantises still fight each other.

By Cleo

3 Replies to “Quick Writing! Jumpy Matilda!”

1. I love hearing about your new pets Cleo! If the mantises fight each other does that mean you need to keep them all separately? Or can they all live in the same tank?

2. Please turn it into a play – it would mean someone has to be the mantis. How would you make the costume??
    Miss Dale

3. I think insects are amazing – they can do some quite incredible things. Have you read a book called Extraordinary Insects by Anne Sverdrup-Thygeson? I would recommend it.