Someone hid the remote control

The following story did not actually happen.

“For goodness sake Rhona!” I yell in frustration as I turn the Whole room upside down looking for the lost remote. “Just tell me where it is!” I say through my annoyance. “You’ll never find it.” She says in a singsong voice.

“Just tell me where it is.” I say hoping she will just give up. “I’ve been looking for 10 minutes!”

That is when I notice a large black box shaped thing sticking out of the bin. “YOU BINNED IT, RHONA?”                                                                                                                “Yes so?”                                                                                                                                                   “You will ruin it!”  I press the button to turn the tv and am not surprised when nothing happens. I roll my eyes and go upstairs to read instead.

5 Replies to “Someone hid the remote control”

1. Excellent Charlie! Great choice of vocabulary and feelings are very clear. Please tell me you are turning this into a playscript soon?! Who will be playing the part of Charlie?
    Miss Dale

2. Brilliant Charlie! I felt your frustration throughout the story. I particularly liked how you finished the story with the eye roll.

3. I misread this to begin with, I thought it said- “This story DID actually happen”. I kept wondering why Rhona had decided to bin your TV remote!! Oops!