Someone hid the remote control

The following story did not actually happen.

“For goodness sake Rhona!” I yell in frustration as I turn the Whole room upside down looking for the lost remote. “Just tell me where it is!” I say through my annoyance. “You’ll never find it.” She says in a singsong voice.

“Just tell me where it is.” I say hoping she will just give up. “I’ve been looking for 10 minutes!”

That is when I notice a large black box shaped thing sticking out of the bin. “YOU BINNED IT, RHONA?”                                                                                                                “Yes so?”                                                                                                                                                   “You will ruin it!”  I press the button to turn the tv and am not surprised when nothing happens. I roll my eyes and go upstairs to read instead.

Food Chain Mix Up 🍔🍟🐺

Caspian is back,

Talking about the title, at the end of classes today, I had the living world. Mum asked me to draw a food chain. I got it mixed up with chain of fast food restaurants and I drew McDonald’s! When I realised my mistake, I decided to draw a real food chain incorporating my brand, a wolf.

Groovy Rainbow Panda 🐼

Hello everyone,

After my regular daily lessons, I had a lesson on the living world. Mummy asked me to research pandas and write down five facts. Then I drew a panda of my own, he is really groovy and rainbowy. The picture is in our window now so people will smile when they see him.

Love Tanith xxx 💜🧡💛

Wildlife Facts

I posted a photo of woodlice and a millipede before the holidays but then I realised that I didn’t know much about these creatures, so I looked them up and this is what I discovered:

• Woodlice are more closely related to crabs than insects.
  • Woodlice have 14 legs and they breath through ‘lungs’ on their hind legs.
  • Woodlice are nocturnal and live in dark, damp areas.
  • Woodlice feed mainly on rotted vegetation and are great for compost.
  • Woodlice do not damage wood in people’s homes.

Millipedes 

• Millipedes are known as ‘thousand leggers’ but they usually have only a few hundred legs.
  • Millipedes have 2 pairs of legs on each body segment (first body segment lacks legs).
  • Millipedes have 6 body parts when born and increase number of segments and legs each time they moult.
  • Millipedes are decomposers – they eat plant remains and poo!
  • Millipedes have existed on planet earth for 428 million years.  They are the first organisms that managed to leave the water and start successful life on land.

I hope you like my facts about woodlice and millipedes.  Mrs. Madden.

Tuesday

Hi. Today I’ve done quite a lot of things but I’ll be doing much more things later. Today is quite like yesterday’s start anyway. First I did Spanish. I’ve mentioned this loads but I’ll say it. I use the app Duolingo. Next was reading. I am still reading machine gunners. Then was English. I was doing g comprehension. After that it was Maths. Again I was using a textbook. Now after my blog I will be tidying my room. Next it will be project work. I’m doing a power point about the causes of the world war 2. Then my mum is going to help me change my sheets. After that is my family cleaning. Finally I will do arts and crafts. By Orla

Mr Pine’s signs

Here are pictures of my day

Today we started with our own wake up shake up to Alexa,  I then practiced my words and got 8/10 in my spelling test, after that I did some maths.

We went to the school for a run around and after lunch we read Mr Pine’s Signs and I wrote a little about it

From Reece

Shelduck caught on my Badger camera!

Hi everyone

In my last post I talked about my trail camera and how I set it up near a Badger set well turns out it might be abandoned but we got a couple of videos  of a rare duck called a Shelduck. Shelducks lay their eggs in burrows in the ground. We got some footage of one just checking if the old badger set was safe to lay it’s eggs in! cool right.

here is the video IMAG0025

We checked on RSPB.ORG UK and Shelducks are on the amber conservation [list which means their numbers are in decline but they are not yet at the highest risk of extinction] so we’re lucky to see one! especially as they normally live on mudflats and estates and we were up a big hill in a wood near Terregeles!

Here is more information about Shelducks and they have a very funny call which you can hear on this link https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/wildlife-guides/bird-a-z/shelduck/

We are now brainstorming ideas about where else we could place the camera…id like to find a badger, fox or deer. each time we have taken the camera up to this badger set we have seen some Roe dear near by.

See ya

Joe

Talk Number Tuesday

Today’s maths number problem.

What is the number?

• The number has five digits.
• The ones digit is ¼ of 32.
• The hundreds is the number of sides in a hexagon.
• The tens digit is an even number that is multiple of 2 and
of 4 that is less than 6.
• The ten thousands digit is the smallest possible odd
number.
• The thousands digit is the same as 36 ÷ 12.

Comment with your answers…

Some Lego, a spider and a cheesecake recipe!

Hi everyone!
Cleo here. Here is a picture of my completed Lego set that I received for my birthday

Here is a picture of my jumping spider 🙂

Lastly here is the recipe for my Dad’s really good cheesecake. He uses gluten free digestives as my Mum is gluten intolerant, but you can just use normal digestives.

Get a cake tin.

For the base: Melt butter and mix in crushed up digestive biscuits

Add a layer of either melted chocolate or for quickness chocolate spread.

If you use melted chocolate mix in some butter so it doesn’t go too hard

Let base set in the fridge

Top Layer:

2 cartons of cream cheese

1 small double cream

4 heaped table spoons of icing sugar

Mix altogether with a hand mixer until VERY thick

Add topping to base

Garnish with whatever you want

Suggestions:

-Chocolate chips

-Strawberries

-Sprinkles

-Kiwi

That’s all for today. I hope you are all okay and have fun!

By Cleo