Hi Rhona is back i’m just blogging because I have noticed there have been a lot of birds in my garden recently like:

Robins, Great tits, Blue tits, Sparrows tree and house ones, Tree creepers, Starlings, Green Finches, Wood Peckers, Siskins, Redpolls, Blackbirds, Wood pigeons, Wrens, Collared doves, Pheasants, SEAGULLS! I know and we are in the country! I don’t like seagulls! None of them have come to the bird feeders recently so that’s lucky, Crows, Chaffinches, Dunnocks, Long tailed tits. And Coal tits.

sometimes in the summer we get house sparrows and in 2018 a house sparrows nest fell down and the chicks fell down off of the house and there was only one survivor sadly :(. We kept it and called it sam because we didn’t know if it was male or female. We fed sam and took care of him until he went to the wild life hospital. Here are 2 pictures of him.

6 Replies to “”

1. Rhona you’re quite the ornithologist! I’m not sure I know what some of those birds look like, I’m going to have to google them. I’m glad your story about the house sparrows had a happy ending for Sam, they are very cute.

2. Hi Rhona, That is very kind of you to save a little bird. Well done and I think you should get a gold star. Love Tanith x

3. What a lucky sparrow to find you, I hope Sam visits.

We found a bug in the garden could you help identify it when I write my blog please

4. Wow! You spotted a lot of birds – did you get any photos of them? I love the photos of the baby house martin. We often get baby swallows (they are similar to house martins) in my pony’s stable.